1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Hand Held Field Recorder

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by YankeeHotelFoxtrot, May 15, 2019 at 7:20 AM.

Tags:
  1. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

Would anyone have any experience/recommendations for a mid-range (~$200) hh field recorder? I'm thinking of picking one up, and have been perusing the market for awhile, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. In general, I've seen Tascam, Roland and Zoom. I plan to use the unit for audio diary and thoughts, etc that I want to preserve. I don't want one of those mini/pocket-sized units. Growth room is important.

any thought/ideas/etc are very welcome.

thanks!

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

umm. If you have a smart phone most are able to take digital voice memos. Which you could then transfer to a computer for inclusion into an on-going diary etc.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I have a Zoom H1 which is great and pocket-sized, last for ages off one AA battery. I also have a H4N for work. Both are great, I also use my smartphone and the Audio Recorder Pro app, it all depends how often you are going to listen back to it and what the end use for the audio is.

keycutter likes this.
  4. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

understood; I wanted something external and with a superior recording capability

5. Cuester

Cuester Loaded Pockets

6. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

Just to add to the pot.... we have a studio where I work, where training and marketing videos and such are produced. I spoke to a few individuals here and they all recommended Zoom. The manager of that dept has an H6, which looks wonderful but is a bit out of my price range for what I'm looking to do.

just throwing that out there.

thanks to everyone so far