1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

H.e.s.t/f

Discussion in 'Knives' started by snidera, Aug 2, 2010.

1. snidera

snidera Loaded Pockets

Can't believe this hasn't made it's way here yet. ESEE is starting to become like 4sevens to me - they steal all my monies :)

[​IMG]

SPECIFICATIONS

Right-hand and left-hand models
    D2 Tool Steel Blade
    Titanium alloy frame lock
    Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock
    G10 handle scale
    Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw)
    Hex-bit driver in handle
    Stainless steel “Mr. DP” Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal
    Standard Paper Boxing with DPx Graphics

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:

Handle thickness (without clip): .541”
    Blade thickness (Max): .187”
    Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625”
    Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38”
    Handle Grip Area: 3.80”
    Cutting Edge length: 3.10”
    Titanium frame thickness: .140”
    G10 thickness: .140”
    Weight: not determined at this time

http://www.eseeknives.com/hest_folder.htm

2. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

There was a thread that mentioned it was coming out, but didn't have a lot of details. Very nice looking blade.

3. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

I am looking forward to this one too, but the izula folder is first on the list

4. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

your lack of prybar disturbs me

5. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I didn't have a lot of info the day I posted it...in fact, Jeff and RYP had just announced it the same couple of hours that I posted that thread over here.

Its tommorrow - Tuesday - it's at DPXgear.com....it's about $250 for the first 250 of em...there are almost 800 rat packers...thousands of industry types...and countless casual observers gonna try to get one...the guys who have the sub- 250 #'d HEST's want to match their number...so talk of buying to resell/extort is all over the place. :) RYP and Jeff have said there's not gonna be any special treatment....first come, first served...RYP's techies are fortifying the site now for the napalm-like bombardment. haha.

That said, I'm gonna try...it's sorta like playing the lottery, I don't expect to win...but hey, if it's a good prize I'll give it a shot. lol!

My Izula has moved to my neck, my HEST is on my belt and it's crazy how many uses I've been able to find for it.

6. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

Holy crap, I love that.

7. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Wonder when that one is due out. I remember hearing about it months ago.

8. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

It doesn't have that neat spike at the bottom like the fixed blade, but I think not slicing my hand open when I pull the folder out of my pocket is a good reason.

9. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

yes Shrap, RYP addressed the lack of a pry bar as being necessary to leave it out - for carrying it in your pocket and not getting hung up or jabbing.

nbmaine, the Izula folder is still on "go". It's still got some sourcing issues according to Jeff and Mike, and the ETA is sorta "in the mists" right now...but they all say they are going ahead with the Izula folder.

I actually am not really a folder guy at all...but am willing to give the HEST a go out of respect for RYP...but the IZULA folder looks to me like the real winner. Just gonna be awhile I guess.

sorry if I didn't update the board here thru the process. I've been hanging hard at several boards gleaning info on this project for past several weeks.

The madness will be for the first 250 directly from RYP. The next run was posted once as 400, then that # was doubled to 800....and several of the main online retailers are taking pre-orders....but whenever that next run is sold out...apparently, that will be it. no more. as of now.

so I'm glad I'm on the pre order list, and then I'll try hand at the "lottery" tommorrow. lol!

10. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

I really like the look of this, but I don't see the point of D2 in a folder.....why not use a good stainless? If this ever comes out in S30V, I'm all over it.

11. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I think the use of D2 was another reason to forgo the prybar. It was mentioned that it isn't the best steel to sue for that. Makes a great blade though!

12. m1ster s

m1ster s Loaded Pockets

I have D2 on a couple Benchmades and I've been quite happy with it. Maybe they went with D2 for its ease of touch up in the field?

Regardless, I want one of these.

13. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I thanked RYP and his eggheads and all the hype a bit ago on the primary ESEE forum...
    I got to do something I've not done in over a decade at least. sit and do nothing.

The website is changed, it looks ready to go, but the button for "sign up" is still dead...
    oh well, I had a GREAT day channel surfing and trying the website a few times every hour.
    I'm back to the swing of regular life now...but if RYP's plan was to get everyone to slow down a bit...well, it worked. :)

who knows when it happens now....but to whomever gets lucky and gets one of the 250 - I'm happy for them!
    I'm just glad to have had a day like yesterday. very healing.

14. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I also have a couple of Benchmade folders in D2, specifically the always classic 710 McHenry & Williams and the 913D3 Nitrous Stryker drop point plain edge. Great knives and blades, both of them, but not prybars. I have my ScrapYard Knives Yard Hook and Regulator for that kind of duty.

15. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

My main question would be why not make the pivot and glass breaker with standard shaped bolts so they can be adjusted by the user without the need to carry that one specialized tool?

16. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

That seems very likely to me.

17. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

AUGUST 6th - NOON - Eastern time. Posted by RYP and Jeff both.

Anyone want to start a pool on how many minutes it takes to sell out the 250? :)

18. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Is D2 the only steel they use for that model?

19. knifeguy

knifeguy Loaded Pockets

For some reason Im not very interested in the HEST. I think its the bottle opener that kills it for me. I am looking forward to the Izula folder and the multitool though.

20. BananaBoy_S4

BananaBoy_S4 Loaded Pockets

available for preorder on some sites for $175, december delivery