1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gym Bags & Duffle Bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by 00ChevyScott, May 14, 2017.

1. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott Loaded Pockets

What are you guys using? I can't quite figure out the "perfect" bag for me.

2. Badillac

Badillac Loaded Pockets

All that depends on what kind of gym, workouts your doing? If your doing boxing, Mma, your going to need more gear. If your going to LA fitness, your lipstick should fit right in your pocket so no bag needed.

tonyteesdale and onebadwagon like this.
  3. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

Hard to argue with North Face Base Camp duffels. Probably off the radar for a lot of folks around here, but these have proven themselves and the world, in the worst environments, are very water resistant, and take years of abuse. The new Sea to Summit versions have a very similar vibe, but differences in strap attachments etc.(after looking closely at them both, I ended up with another North Face - the new end pocket is really handy, and I was able to find something low key looking). For times when big plastic bags are not quite right, Filson makes wonderful stuff - not cheap, but potentially lifetime pieces.

Lots of other nice stuff out there depending on you application and aesthetics.

4. 00ChevyScott

Unfortunately, I don't go to the gym anymore lol.

Was using the term to describe the size of bag. Something you could throw 2-3 days of clothes and toiletries in or throw some gear in for a weekend trip. Definitely not one of the huge duffles you'd have in the military, but not something so small that you would use it for a range bag or camera case.

5. drb328
    • In Omnia Paratus

drb328 Loaded Pockets

cabelas medium sized stuffable bag is my go to, if i need a few more things i'll throw them in my maxped sitka

6. 00ChevyScott

I've seen that bag mentioned multiple times, and I've seen it in person and thought they were pretty nice. My local REI doesn't stock a color I'd like and I'm not 100% on the look/feel of the rubberized material. It's definitely been near the top on the list.

I'm currently using a Maxpedition Growler bag, but the single zip (that doesn't really open wide at all), and round form factor has been adequate but I feel like there are much better options out there.

7. 00ChevyScott

The stuffable bags are nice, but I'd like the bag to have more of a shape to it and not be so flimsy like a lot of those types of bags are.

8. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I hear you, but when my bag has ended up on the roof of a bus, back of a boat, or I'm car camping on a rainy day, the material comes into its own. Wouldn't be my favorite to carry daily though.

The Goruck 32 liter kit bag is a nice size and shape - holds more than you'd expect but still a smallish carry. It's a single zipper design, but I've never found it hard to get into.

9. 00ChevyScott

I looked at that one as well, but I wished it was a tad longer rather than being slightly taller than your usual gym style bag. I may have to give it another look though.

10. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Have a look at RYU Locker Pack 1.1 backpack...I have one, love it and use it for pretty much everything including going to gym which is the reason the bag was designed for in the first place.

11. PreparedCitizen

PreparedCitizen Loaded Pockets

I use the GoRuck gym bags.

onebadwagon likes this.
  12. 00ChevyScott

Has anyone tried the Duluth Get Out of Dodge duffle bags?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Basilius

Basilius Empty Pockets

14. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

I've been very happy with my Cannae duffle bag. It's been on multiple trips with me and I like its size. The Cannae is bigger than I expected, but still manageable. For shorter trips I use my edc bag or an OSOE Clothes bag.

15. Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester Loaded Pockets

I have an Osprey Transporter 95 that I use for my duffle. I do Martial Arts so it get stuffed with shin pads and Gi's etc. They make smaller versions and a larger version. I bought my daughter a Osprey Transporter 65 and it is the perfect size for her (she also does Martial Arts)..

These are high quality but lightweight bags that can be carried traditionally or as a backpack. They contain just the right amount of pockets to separate things as needed.

16. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

I have been using a BAD duffle for years and have never had a problem with it -> http://badbags.com/ Its also my quick travel bag.

17. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

Tom Bihn Yoeman mini or small

18. gaap master

gaap master Loaded Pockets

x2 for the Cannae bag.

For years I used an Eddie Bauer duffel that was basically a copy of the North Face base camp design. But I wanted something with some more pockets beside just one main compartment. Looked at a variety of things online, including Red Oxx and Tom Bihn, but while they're very nice, they weren't quite what I was looking for.

Saw the Cannae bag on discount from LA Police Gear and decided to give it a try. So far, I'm impressed. For the price, it's hard to beat.

Actually bought the Cannae range bag and rifle bag when those popped up on sale too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I came accross this company when I was looking for something else. Basic but sturdy looking to me. https://www.montrosebag.com/

I might be getting the large offshore kitbag (not for the gym I hasten to add) - I'll report back if I do.

20. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

ReFactor Tactical ASO Bag. I actually own two.