1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GW5000 strap on a GW6900

Discussion in 'Watches' started by downtown, Jan 11, 2017.

1. downtown
    • +1 Supporter

downtown Loaded Pockets

I have read a few threads about putting the GW5000 strap on a GW6900 and it makes it a little more comfortable. Does anyone know the exact part# for the strap so I can make sure I get the right one. Also, where is the best place online to get a new strap. Thank you.

2. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

3. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

If you put a Casio strap in simmering water for about 30 seconds, it softens up quite a bit. Makes it real compfortable. I did it to my old ProTrek and it worked wonders.

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@MCPOWoller: any impact on the longevity of the strap when you do this? My issue with most Casio straps of this sort is that they break around a 1 ~ 1 1/2 years.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

@Moshe ben David: Not that I am aware of. The strap on my ProTrek is still going strong at over 6 years old. I dipped it the first time in 2008 when I first heard of the trick and I just did it again this past summer. The only warning I've heard of is to protect the watch itself from steam. It could turn the watch a grey color instead of black.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

GW5000 on GW6900 is a great match. you will love it :)

[​IMG]

8. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Obviously, this is a different watch but still a G. I installed the Jays and Kay's adaptors on my Rangeman and added a Clockwork Synergy heavy Nato. It completely changed how the watch wears for the better and I didn't dislike the stock strap. There are other vendors for these adaptors, County Comm sells some, but I think J and Kay are members of the forum and I'm happy with the quality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

downtown likes this.
  9. downtown
    • +1 Supporter

downtown Loaded Pockets

That looks nice. I have thought about trying a nato strap. I looked at the 3 ring vs the 5 ring and can't figure out what the two extra rings are for on the 5 ring. Also, is that black finish on the rings pretty durable? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

10. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

I bought the 3 ring for the G because I felt the extra rings would look too cluttered and out of place. However, I use the 5 ring on my dive watches and just cut one of the extra rings off with a hacksaw. I'm not sure what the 5th ring is for either, but the 4th ring keeps the watch centered on the strap, I just don't like the look with both. Yes, the black finish has been durable. Buy the Heavy version from Clockwork, the colors are limited but a much nicer strap, IMHO.