1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gun Friendly Restaurants..Please post!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by PaBushcrafter4659, Jun 14, 2013.

1. PaBushcrafter4659

PaBushcrafter4659 Loaded Pockets

I figured since this is a "carry" forum (nice pun eh?) I'd begin a thread about experiences at restaurants and also to make known what places are gun friendly.

Even though I'm not the craiziest about OC'ing even though I fully support it..I'd like to keep it to "firearms prohibited" as much as possible. Because the OC'ing often invites unwanted attention as I've experienced in the past.

Thanks! Lets fill this thread!

2. Schapendoes

Schapendoes Loaded Pockets

I haven't really seen any restaurants around me (Souther Michigan) that have signs, never had a problem before.

3. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

I think starbucks is gun friendly. I'm pretty sure that's why the ITS tactical guns and coffee patch was made, not positive on that though.

4. Schapendoes

Schapendoes Loaded Pockets

The aren't really "gun friendly" per say, they just don't ban guns on their property. There policy is that if state law allows you to carry in their stores, they don't have a problem with it. The patches probably came about because the anti's wanted Starbucks to ban guns in their stores and they refused to.

kikaida likes this.
  5. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Chic-Fil-A doesnt have a sign up

SAKplumber likes this.
  6. JoePfeiffer

JoePfeiffer Loaded Pockets

That's about as gun-friendly as it's possible for a restaurant to be...

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  7. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

They are cool about it.

BTW, thanks for the RFC, It has been a while since I have read that kind of stuff. I like the traceroute option.

Mighty Max likes this.
  8. JoePfeiffer

JoePfeiffer Loaded Pockets

What traceroute option?

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)

9. Executive

Executive Loaded Pockets

TGI Fridays in Massachusetts posts a sign: firearms not permitted on premises. I CCW, so if I was in the mood for crappy microwaved food and overpriced drinks, they would never know.

Chris

Wishoot and nightowl like this.
  10. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Mighty Max likes this.
  11. PaBushcrafter4659

yeah i refuse to eat at tgi Fridays.. however it says no concealed weapons so if you really wanted to be a jerk you could OC lol.

UnlikelyEngineer and nightowl like this.
  12. squid86

squid86 Loaded Pockets

It differs with each state. Every state has their own laws regarding this you should look em up for your state. Here in pa I can carry anywhere except government buildings, schools and anywhere without the proper posted signs. There are proper signs that are legit, most signs that post up have no meaning in court, but again that varies with each state. If they don't have metal detectors than they aren't truly gun free. The best part about conceal carrying is no one knows that you are, that's kinda the point. Worse they can do if you get made is ask you to leave. If you refuse after they ask you to leave then you are tress passing.

13. Nightrain349

Nightrain349 Loaded Pockets

This obviously isn't a NJ topic...

jdh4659 likes this.
  14. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

The problem with restaurants is that technically each one is private property that is simply open to the public, so none of them have to follow state law regarding concealed carry as far as their customers go.

15. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

Really going to depend on where you live. I'm in Columbus, Ohio, most of the restaurants and bars I go to are not posted. Here, as long as you are not consuming alcohol, you can carry into bars. I don't drink, haven't found anything to my liking, so when I go out, I carry and play the DD. Places I frequent ( some are just local places):
    Outback, O' Charley's, Chic-fil-a, Ted's Montana Grill, Polaris Bar and Grill, The Rusty Bucket, World of Beer, The Pub Polaris, J. Alexanders, Bob Evans, Raising Canes, The Cheesecake Factory, Piada, Chipotle. If I find any more, I'll post them up.

16. PaBushcrafter4659

Awesome list JonM1911. I've been away from my laptop the past few days but I figured I'd share that so far I've found that the following places have no signs. I guess we can go with retail stores as well...because we travel to these places most frequently.

In NW PA so far...these are good to go.

Restaurants:

O' Charleys
    Outback
    Texas Roadhouse Chic-fil-a
    Bob Evans
    Longhorn
    *Most fast food places, McD, BK, Taco Bell etc...
    Perkins
    Panera Bread
    Eat n' Park
    Starbucks
    Applebees

I'm not sure about too many retail stores...since I'm not sitting down I don't feel like I'd be noticed (I carry on the tailbone)..but I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart has signs up that are "anti weapon" but I'm not sure.

Kohls, I've noticed doesn't have any signs up though!

warchild likes this.
  17. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

Meijer, Krogers, Whole Foods (recently took theirs down, but I always carried in), Earth Fair (same as Whole Foods. Also note, I'm not a hippy vegan, I buy meat from EF and WF lol), Kohls, Target, Best Buy, Walmart (haven't noticed signs around here, but I don't frequent Walmart), Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Giant Eagle (its been a while, but they weren't posted), malls (malls around here aren't posted, so Sears, JC Pennies, Macy's, etc are GTG), Dick's Sporting Goods, Cabelas (;)), Sports Authority (formerly Sportsmart), Men's Warehouse (have fun carrying in there. Surprisingly when my dad got a suit and was carrying, the guy was totally cool with it, says it happens more than you would think), Verizon (most locations are unposted, one main store was posted up until a few months ago) Radio Shack. Again, if I think of anymore, I'll let you know.

A places that is posted, AMC Theaters. In fact, AMC is at one of the local malls, Easton Town Centre for you Columbus natives. Most of the mall is ourdoors, but part is inside. The entire indoor area is posted, as is the parking garage, but no where else. Used to be just the escalator to the theater (2nd floor) was posted. Anyways, unfortunately what use to be a nice area has turned into the thug and teen hangout. There was a shooting there last year where a kid killed his brother on "accident" while "shooting into the air". Anyways, now there are cops everywhere inside. I carry anyways, I don't care. I passed like 6 cops and no one noticed, concealed is concealed. Of course when I left the theater the last time, there were 3 cops confronting some punk, one had his taser out. Point proven, I will carry lol.

jdh4659 likes this.
  18. zeke4351

zeke4351 Loaded Pockets

I live in Kentucky and I carry anywhere the law allows regardless of any signs posted. I never OC because it starts crap that is not called for. I saw these cards and had some printed to leave any place that posts a no gun sign.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. PaBushcrafter4659

I like that, I might print some of those omitting parts of the bottom!

20. SponzyParadox

SponzyParadox Loaded Pockets

I don't know what more they could do other than openly funding the NRA and the like. More than good enough in my book