1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gun belt necessary for IWB?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by austindavis1989, Mar 7, 2012.

1. BadgerX

BadgerX Loaded Pockets

I use a crossbreed supertuck deluxe IWB holster and a crossbreed gun belt. the belt looks like a normal belt its just double thick leather and much stiffer, it made a word of difference in the comfort of my daily carry rig, and I carry all day every day, if I ever wear this one out I will buy a beltman belt, I think there quality is a bit better

2. Ktowngunner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ktowngunner Loaded Pockets

When I carry IWB I use a gun belt. The type varies depending on what I'm wearing. I just find it a more comfortable and more secure way to hold the holster in place. I have plenty of friends who use a cheap box store belt when carrying IWB and they are fine with that. It's a personal preference. I also use a gun belt when I'm not carrying a gun just because I typically have alot of other stuff in my pockets and I like the extra stiffness.

One side note: earlier someone mentioned police officers singling you out for the type of belt you wear. I can pretty much guarantee you that is not the case. When I was a deputy I never looked at someones belt type to determine if they were carrying. Too much room for error, people use belts that look like gun belts just for a rugged belt, some people carry a gun with no belt at all.

We look for items like covering clothing, stuff like a tshirt with an open down button down over it, hawaiian shirts, jackets, untucked loose polos or tshirts, etc. We look for buldges that move differently as you walk or print as you reach or bend over. We look for elbow checks, pockets that are pulled down by something heavy, a light brush to make sure it's in place as you walk or sit down, that sort of thing. I've never known an officer who initiated a stop or conversation based on a belt type. It's just too vague an item to look at, too much room for error when there are so many other ways to observe a person who's carrying. Maybe that's just me and officers do it elsewhere, but I've never even heard of such a thing. YMMV.