1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by turshi, Sep 19, 2012.

1. turshi

turshi Loaded Pockets

Thanks! What's your edc like?

2. turshi

turshi Loaded Pockets

ahaha, I actually brought that topic up in my previous response. They don't necessarily make fun of me. Only my close friends do it. But then when i bring up the time when they needed something desperately and didn't have it, they shut up. I always carry a bag with me (when I'm out with friends i carry a small messenger) and at school I've got my backpack so it's not a big deal to be carrying a bag, at least in my area. However I was surprised to find quite the opposite of funny comments from a group of people I was trying to impress.
    At the begininng of the school year, I was involved in some type of orientation thing where I was the 'new' member to the group of leaders and I was trying to fit in and get closer with all the older members. As we were doing setups and other crafty things, they would never have sissors or knives or bandaids or anything. I would. I was asked many times for where I got my Style CS and Wave and introduced them to Leatherman MTs

BiggDaddy485 likes this.
  3. BiggDaddy485

BiggDaddy485 Loaded Pockets

Ok, I'm going to give you a link to the website that will be a major threat to any money you may have.. http://www.warriorsandwonders.com/

They have Maxped gear at the best prices I can find shipped in Canada.. You may be able to find a dealer in Toronto, since you're there, but everyone else I've found has some pretty inflated prices..

S&R knives is also in Toronto.. I don't think they have Maxpedition, but they do carry a good selection of knives..

As for a good EDC blade, I have two.. First and most often is a Spyderco Tenacious.. In a school environment, I dont know if it would be a good choice.. But I have used it around a lot of non knife people and no one has ever said anything.. You can get it shipped for under 50 bucks, the blade steel is decent and easy to sharpen, and it's a sexy knife.. Second is this http://www.victorinox.com/ca/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Everyday-Use/Cadet-Alox/53042

You really cant go wrong with a SAK, especially at school.. Most people aren't going to bat an eye at it.. This is the one I throw in my pocket when I'm dressing up for work or weddings and such.. I think my SAK has saved the day more than my dedicated blades and I dont even carry it that often.. That being said, if I lost all my knives tomorrow, that cadet would be the first I replace..

turshi likes this.
  4. BiggDaddy485

Been there and done that... So many times. I have a ton of stories like this.. Its interesting to see someone of your age group into EDCing too..

5. turshi

turshi Loaded Pockets

yeah. I have yet to meet any other 19 year olds as crazy about this stuff as I am. :p

6. turshi

turshi Loaded Pockets

oh god. I am going to DIE from this site!
    I love MEC and other random stores like that in DT toronto.
    I have a bunch of Vic multitools, but I don't know if I would consider the cadet a knife exactly (as in, if i were to use the cadet, i might as well stick with my wave) I love Victorinox products and have a ton of them. I've been told and know from experience that they don't attract as much attention because they are more well known, unlike leatherman tools although i personally like the sexy badboy look of LM tools :p

7. BiggDaddy485

I don't even meet many people my own age that are into this stuff.. To be honest, you're probably closer to my age than most of the people I chat with about EDC-esque activities..

MEC is a great place.. And you're probably right about the cadet vs wave.. If you aren't dressing up and want a nice dress knife, then stick with the LM.. I've never had any funny looks using my Juice or Charge.. But sharp objects are generally more frowned upon where you live I guess..

But if you want a sexy badboy looking knife, definitely check out the Spydercos.. My next knife purchase is gonna be a para-military 2.. Not cheap on a budget, but what a blade!!

8. turshi

turshi Loaded Pockets

haha really? Well it's definitely nice to meet you then! haha most of the people I talk to are like EDC? ED What?

Yeah, I've heard wayy too many tempting suggestions from spyderco. I definitely have to look into them. I like the cute little ladybug :)
    I'm more of a flashlight guy though, but MTs make my day too

9. BiggDaddy485

I started out into the world of EDC with flashlights actually.. The first EDC item I started carrying was a Streamlight Microstream at work.. It still works today after 5 or so years as my girlfriend's EDC light.. So I guess I'm more of a flashlight guy too, with a serious interest in knives and guns as well.. You'll find hanging around here you'll probably get into other stuff just as much, comes with the territory.. Haha..

The ladybugs are nice.. I just bought my girlfriend a Spyderco Squeak in pink and she LOVES it.. She shows it off to all her friends and family (who usually give her the same funny looks they give me, till they need a knife or MT).. I didn't like it when I first saw it, but its definitely the cutest knife I've ever seen now that I've held it..

10. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

hehe I've seen you around already, T, but here's a more formal WELCOME! :D It's good to have you around and I look forward to having your input around here. :)
    Cheers!

11. Rapt_up

Rapt_up Loaded Pockets