1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Great EDC Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by troutster52, Aug 7, 2017.

1. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I am in search of a new wallet. I had a Scottish tartan one I bought in Scotland, and it was very cool, but sadly is starting to give up the ghost so I am in search of something else. I can't find one like it I need (or am willing to pay for) so I am in search of a great EDC wallet. I don't want super bulky, but I do need to carry my drivers license, carry permit, 4-5 credit or debit cards, some cash and on occasion, my fishing or hunting license. I don't think I like the super minimalist ones because I don't want to have to leaf through all my stuff to get to the thing I am looking for. Bifold or trifold are both fine. I am thinking leather, but open to other things. I would like it to be a little unique or have a little personality, but I don't need anything flashy. Durability and longevity are a must, but I don't want to overpay for it either. Any suggestions or tips?

2. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Saddleback large bifold. It's been a great wallet. Outstanding company and warranty.

Datu, Moshe ben David and troutster52 like this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I went on this journey last year and tried a few different wallets but I ended up being the most happy with.....Big Skinny Hipster!
    Oddly enough?

Not really expensive or tricky but it has changed my life for the better!

I got the Hipster as it is the thinnest layout and design that they had really and it is really crazy skinny!
    So far it has been holding up just fine too and I am a satisfied customer.
    The Allett is similar but I only got to hold one after already buying the Skinny and I also like the Flowfold in person but not enough to switch.
    I had a custom one made too that I really like in leather but any way I try them leather is just not as slim as not leather in the end and the layout of the hipster makes it thin.

So know I pretty much don't even feel it back there,maybe I need more money?

troutster52 likes this.
  4. troutster52

Thanks for the help so far. What do each of those cost?

5. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

My requirements are similar to yours. I recently got a flowfold vanguard wallet and I am more pleased with it than I ever have been with a wallet.

troutster52 likes this.
  6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Although @troutster52: be aware that even the large bifold from Saddleback you may find that in each 'pocket' of the wallet you'd have to have multiple cards. Here is the link so you can look at it: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/large-leather-bifold-wallet

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I put two cards in each pocket and the leather is tight as hell. Takes a while to break in. I also blew out a seam in the fold finally and Saddleback sent me a new one free.

8. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

I like the traditional bi fold I bought at Wally World. It has 2 zippered sections that open near the inside crease. At $7, it was cheap, but keeps a few things, Craftsman 4 way driver, and usb thumb drive from falling out.

[​IMG]
    It would be a lot thinner if I removed the flap on the left where the Costco card is.

#8 mizedog, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. troutster52

I looked that up and it looks neat without being too flashy. Is it as durable as they advertise? Do you have a photo of yours?

10. troutster52

Looks nice but $100 is a little rich for me. I was thinking $50 or less.

11. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Can't speak to the durability as I have only been using it around 6 months. But so far so good. I will post a picture when I get a chance.

12. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Here are a few pictures. I carry cash, 3 cards, id, and a hedgehog comb tool. It is the thinnest wallet I have ever used.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Suggest you look at Belroy wallets.

14. Theskyiscrying

Theskyiscrying Loaded Pockets

I got the EZGO wallet last December and I love it more everyday. I've carried it every day since and it has not let me down.
    The material it's made from is very comfortable in your pocket, lightweight and durable. Mine looks like it did the day I got it.

https://ezgowallet.com/

15. Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester Loaded Pockets

16. caninesapien

caninesapien Loaded Pockets

Those Cache 2.0s look great.