1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gradual move to bigger knives

Discussion in 'Knives' started by sterculius, May 6, 2013.

1. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

Depending on how I am dressed my knives range between 2.5-3.5 or so, but if I am going into Denver I limit myself to 3.25 or shorter. The city has a blade length max that differs from state laws.

2. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

No, it's actually a friction folder. The Sardinian Resolza is a historical knife that goes back over a hundred years. It is a large friction folder for general use by shepards in the hills. Using it is no different than using a slip joint pocket knife, except safer. With a nice snug action, and no spring to snap the knife closed is it gets nudged, I find the friction folder actually safer to use. Once you pull the blade all the way open, it stays there, and the direction of force on the blade while cutting actually keep it open. I guess there may be a problem if you try to stab it through something hard, but since I don't consider my knife a weapon, it makes no difference to me. But back in the old days of Sardinia, it's said that both bandits and shepherds defending themselves from bandits, used the Pattese, or resolza. A 6 inch bladed resolza with a needle point, thrust into a soft body area, is nothing to sneeze at. But they make a wicked slashing tool. The blade comes down to a full flat grind, and takes a scary sharp edge like an Opinel fresh off the stone.

And I still have the classic on my keyring, and it still gets used everyday. Handiest little knife I've ever owned.

Carl.

Fukurai likes this.
  3. MrGlockJock25

MrGlockJock25 Loaded Pockets

3.25-3.75 for me. I always like to have a 2.75 or 3 inch blade though. They come in handy, that's why I have my sage 2 and delica. I also want to get a techno. I just love the looks and I think it could be a great secondary

4. Rsmlem1

Rsmlem1 Loaded Pockets

I was like you carrying delicas. I got a Hest 2.0 Folder with a black handle and really like it. Its big and heavy but in jeans its not big deal and I have even taken it out in dress pants clipped in front just right of belt buckle. With a sweater or jacket unnoticeable and really very comfortable. I can knock out a window, cut a can in half or open a bottle. I like the thing a lot.