1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GR1 vs. GR0 - Torso length - Comfort/Fit Issues?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by DeekNow, Oct 5, 2014.

1. rogue1

rogue1 Empty Pockets

I recently had the same dilemma between the GR0 and the GR1. I'm 5"10 and I went with the GR1 and I agree that the extra 5 liters makes the bag much more adaptable for different purposes, it is my EDC and a weekender. If making the GR investment I'd say go bigger or buy both and return the unwanted.

Heavyduti and bigfoot like this.
  2. DeekNow

DeekNow Empty Pockets

Sorry for the lack of updates, there weren't any until now! I put in an order for the GR1! Should get it next week. Awesome.

bigfoot and Heavyduti like this.
  3. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

Colour?

4. cbabalis

cbabalis Empty Pockets

Hi!

It's my first post here and I think I could use some help from the experts :) I am about to buy a goruck bag gr1 26L or 21L (former GR0). I need the bag for my edc (several hours out of the house everyday, probably 16hours/day) and among others, my edc consists of a laptop (thinkpad t450s - 14'') and a camera (nikon d7100 with the 1.8g 35mm on it). I also bring with me some toiletry stuff, electronics (like chargers but also a couple of hard disks), a couple of books (or one book and my kindle) and lunch and dinner, too. I am using a 5.11 - rush 12 for 5 years now and I am able to fit all of my stuff in there (it's a tight fit, but not to the limit, though) and I am wondering, since I am 5''11, will the goruck gr1 21L be enough for me (which is the recommended size for my height) or should I go to the 26L?
    tldr: Is goruck gr1 21L sufficient to fit both a camera and a laptop, or should I go for the bigger one?
    Thank you very much!!

5. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Hi!

The 5.11 Rush 12 is 24 liters volume as I know. It fits all your stuff, a tight fit, but not to the limit as you wrote.
    With the GR1 21L you lose 3 liters of volume. I think that is a lot of space but you need to decide.
    With the GR1 26L you win 2 liters of volume. Closer to the 24 liters of the 5.11 Rush 12 :)

What is your height? The 5.11 Rush 12 is 18" as I know. Like the GR1 21L.
    I am 6'5" and I have chosen the GR1 26L because of the height of 20". I have never tried the GR1 21L but I´m happy with the GR1 26L.

... I would go for the GR1 26L, especially with a large torso.

6. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I am six feet tall, have both sizes and they both look/fit fine. Buy the bag based on what you are going to carry in it, and everything will be fine.... I know if my bag is too big I have a tendency to fill it with stuff I don't need.

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I went back and forth on selling my 26L GR1 and finally did on eBay for what I paid new plus shipping.

At 6'1" I actually felt like the bag was too long and much more than I needed for EDC (when in reality I never need an EDC bag). I kept it around, traveled with it a couple of times, rucked with it for a couple of months, and about 14 months after purchasing decided I didn't want it anymore. I kept my Bullet 10L which is terrific for my limited needs. They're all well designed and well made but not really pleasant to wear.