1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gothic_Coop's Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Gothic_Coop, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Gothic_Coop

Gothic_Coop Loaded Pockets

This is my Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger. I will go over the pouches I have on the outside of the bag and talk about the mods I have done to this bag to make it a perfect system for me. I use to carry a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack, but with my new laptop and needing a bag to carry clothes this is what I upgraded to. I ride a bus every day and I use it to take stuff back and for from work with me also to pick up groceries on my way home.

On the front of my Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger I have a MSM Stealth Util / Admin that carries many admin type things. The Maxpedition Cocoon Pouch is also on the front I use it to carry sunglasses. In the shock cord on the top pouch of the Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger I have my Totes Basic Auto Open Close Umbrella, I do live in Seattle and we have rain here.

[​IMG]

The biggest mod on the pack is the Theft deterrent devices built-in to capture zipper pulls which I thought was a good idea, but it was slow and it sucked. So I took 3 Fastex Grimlocs and made my own zipper pull locks. I had the idea when I used it with my Maxpedition Barnacle on my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. On the Plastic D-Ring I have a Cheap Carabiner that holds my ACME Bags Workhorse Black Mesh grocery bag. I use this when well I get groceries at the stor and my bag is too full to put anything in it. When I shop on my way home from work I don’t normally pick up that much stuff from the store. I also have the Maxpedition Mega Rollypoly that I use to carry groceries or something that I don’t want in my hands. The Maxpedition Double Sheath Carries my Streamlight Strion flashlight and my Leatherman Surge.

[​IMG]

On the strap I have my Maxpedition Barnacle that holds my camera with a Fastex Grimloc that I use as a lock. The Maxpedition CP-M holds my BlackBerry Curve. I also had an extra Maxpedition 2" Shoulder Pad That I use as well so when I have the pack on the front it does not dig into my shoulder as well.

[​IMG]

I just have my Guyot Designs Backpacker water bottle here. I just thought I should show it too.

[​IMG]

Like I said I carry this every day when I am on the bus so it works really well and it carries everything I need.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  2. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

Nice setup.How much weight are you packing? Mine was just not comfortable with much weight.

I really like the black though.

3. Jbum

Jbum Loaded Pockets

Sweeeeet setup!!!!

4. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

That's just awesome!

Good idea for the pickpocket deterrent clips.

I've got a bit of a soft side for black gear & Maxped bags...this just ticks all the boxes.

**Either that blackberry is enormous or the CP-M pouch is kind of small. I didn't order one and opted for the standard 4" holster thinking that the CP-x holsters were bigger and bulkier, from those pics, it seems to be just big enough for an iPhone sized device.

I'm curious about the weight too.

5. robsolo

robsolo Loaded Pockets

Nice setup. How about some pics of the contents?

6. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

How does it handle while running?
    Does the bottom part of the shoulder strap get in the way if one were to carry concealed on the right hip? I think I would definitely buy one if the shoulder strap went over the right side instead.

7. QDaddy

QDaddy Loaded Pockets

That strap being one side only is the only reason I didn't get a Kodiak/Sitka. Since I carry on the right, I'm not going to take any chances.

I didn't think about the Grimlocks... I use s-biners for the same purpose on my Malaga.

8. Badger4590

Badger4590 Empty Pockets

For pouches, I use the A&P Mechanics Cable obtained from CountyComm as a theft deterrent. They come in two different lengths and can slow down a thief without too much bother installing or taking off.

9. pathalogical

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

The key ring looks vulnerable dangling on the exterior of the bag ! The clip may be secure, but keys are definetly something that should be IN the pack.