1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Got my Olight M2R Pro, mine came with a faulty sheath.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by sarge1967, Nov 3, 2019.

1. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I recieved my Olight M2R Warrior Pro this weekend.
    Mine came with a faulty sheath. The clasp with not latch to keep it closed.
    I have seen another thread where someone's button on their sheath was faulty.

I have emailed Olight USA to see how I need to handle this.
    Will keep you all informed.

2. Donald

Donald Loaded Pockets

I'm sure Olight will take care of you. You might need the strobe feature to get their attention. LOL. They also have a customer service telephone number. They have a live "show" on Fridays at 12:30pm on Facebook (Olightworld) and Instagram. I missed it today, but apparently they are doing another one on Monday 18 November 2019 same time/places to discuss upcoming Black Friday sale specials--Sean could sell us anything. You can always message in there if you have not gotten their attention.

I always wondered whey they went for a front pressure button versus the squeeze the side type release fastener/buckle. Maybe easier to reinsert or perhaps they thought it more durable over time?Quieter?

Good luck with getting a new sheath. Please let us know what happens.

I like that now there is a hole in the top too. Makes it easier to discern if you have left your light on or it has come on inadvertently. I don't think the Pro has this issue, which is good considering the aggressive bezel, but I learned to insert my neutral white M2R Warrior in tactical ready position, i.e. tail cap up to keep it from depressing the tail switch and turning it on. I almost sent it back until I learned to do this--glad I didn't because I I really like the NW light. I had it come on a couple times when at a nighttime outdoor concert. Annoying, but I just turned it off. Later, I was sitting at the kitchen table and smelled something artificial burning. Went to the nearby a/c unit, nothing. Then I realized it was me, the M2R Warrior was melting the top of the sheath. I learned to carry it tail cap up and all was well--especially since they replaced the sheath.:) I saw a YouTube review of a Klarus flashlight, which had a proud tail cap along with their tail paddle switch, and the sheath had a cup built in.

Anyway, although one can carefully insert the M2R Pro Warrior bezel down, I have had no problem with inserting this model tail cap switch down. I am also glad they have gotten back to a warmer tone, i.e. on the warmer side of the CW (cool white) spectrum. It makes perception easier and more accurate; and reduces atmospheric back-scatter now that it has a longer beam distance or throw.

ccwaters and sarge1967 like this.