1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Got my new Shield...now I need a holster. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Damn_Yankee, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

I am looking for recommendations on both IWB & OWB. I mostly prefer kydex & hybrids.

chevyscrounger and Wishoot like this.
  2. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Congrats! I love my Shield.

I've got a few holsters for it including:

1- Clinger Stingray. Kydex holster found on Ebay for $35. Probably now one of my favorites for the Shield. It's very thin and lightweight. Retention is excellent and re-holstering is very easy. Even through it's a single clip, it really stays put. FBI cant makes it concealable.
    2- High Noon Bare Asset. Good, inexpensive leather holster with single clip. I really like this one too and wore it extensively before I found the Clinger Stingray.
    3- Foxx Hybrid- A good, inexpensive option for a hybrid holster. Does everything it's supposed to do and does it very well. One of the best prices for a hybrid on the interwebs. I'm not a huge fan of the clips as they're kind of sharp. IMO, hybrids are just a bit too much holster for the Shield. Still well worth the money.
    4- Mika Holster- Yet another affordable single clip holster. Haven't spent much time with it however. Mika is well known for making quality, affordable holsters and he's a great guy! 5 minutes after I ordered the holster I got a call from Mika. We chatted for about 45 minutes about his holsters and his career as a cop. The holster rides a bit high, but conceals well under heavier clothing. Hands down the most comfortable holster I own.
    5- Lefty Holster- Just got it, but haven't spent any time with it. Appears to be a well crafted leather holster with a single clip. BTW....They make holsters for lefties AND rightys.
    6- My only OWB option is an old leather holster I have for my CZ82 which seems to work like a charm for the Shield. The only identification on the holster is CZ82/23 stamped on the back.

Good luck to you on your search.

FYI....High Noon is now having a 22% off sale on all of their holsters.

3. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Do they make an INCOG for the shield?

Also, cook's holsters makes good stuff. I have a few of theirs.

Damn_Yankee and Schweinhund like this.
  4. Kody Page

Kody Page Loaded Pockets

I would get 2. NSR tactical C1 Quick ship. And that will hold you over while you wait for a Green Force Tactical custom piece. :)

Damn_Yankee likes this.
  5. Gray29

Gray29 Loaded Pockets

I really enjoy my Comp-Tac CTAC for the Shield. Although I am looking at the INCOG. That wait time though...

Damn_Yankee and chevyscrounger like this.
  6. madlag

madlag Banned

If you prefer a hybrid then look no further than the silent thunder series from Garret Industries.

Mark D. and Damn_Yankee like this.
  7. chevyscrounger

chevyscrounger Loaded Pockets

Aliengear 3.0 I've just began using it and I really like it so far. [​IMG]

Gundose, tacos3, Damn_Yankee and 2 others like this.
  8. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

I just got my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 for my XDS-45 and I can honestly say it beats all other IWB hybrid holsters I've tried (well...the other Alien Gear standard leather IWB holster, anyway...). It really is that comfortable! I'm already planning to swap the kydex shells on my standard AG holsters for my Ruger LCR and full-sized 1911 to the new 3.0 backings.

Damn_Yankee likes this.
  9. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Clinger Stingray series. I got one for my shield and it rocks. Everything Wishoot said is true and more. On sale from their website now for $30. Secure and very comfy. Can't go wrong.

Damn_Yankee and Wishoot like this.
  10. Uzna

Uzna Loaded Pockets

I have a Theis holster I like a lot for iwb. I'm looking at a pair of alien gear holsters, they run a good deal if you buy 2 holsters at once. I'm going with a cloak tuck 3 and the owb for my shield next. Can't beat the price and I only hear good things about them.

Damn_Yankee likes this.
  11. Mark D.

Mark D. Loaded Pockets

I have the silent thunder for my P938 and absolutely love it...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

madlag and Damn_Yankee like this.
  12. White95

White95 Loaded Pockets

I had a silent thunder. Giholsters makes great leather lined holsters.

madlag and Damn_Yankee like this.
  13. White95

White95 Loaded Pockets

For an IWB I love my crossbreeds.

Damn_Yankee likes this.
  14. ZombieFan81

ZombieFan81 Loaded Pockets

I just got a Clinger Stingray for my XDS and I'm very happy with it.

Wishoot and Damn_Yankee like this.
  15. Damn_Yankee

What is the wait time for Alien Gear now. I know it used to be quite a while.

16. chevyscrounger

Ordered mine august 1st received it Sept 3rd.
    Already used the shell swap program and that took less than a week.

17. Damn_Yankee

Not sure if I can justify 4-5 weeks for an Alien Gear.

18. chevyscrounger

Eh.. I'm not very patient waiting on stuff to come in the mail and It wasn't too bad.

19. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

For my most recent order, it only took a week from placing the online order, to actually receiving it. Previous orders took no longer than 2 weeks. Granted, for this particular order I already had both kydex shells and only needed a 3.0 backing for semi-autos and a standard leather backing for revolver; plus they're made in Idaho where I live, so shipping was relatively quick.

I've seen a lot of comments on their Facebook page where guys are waiting 4 or more weeks for theirs, but I've also seen just as many that only waited 1-2 weeks. When you order, they warn you that the wait time is longer for the 2.0 than the standard leather, and even longer for the 3.0. For a popular pistol, such as your Shield, I could see it both ways: 1) it's popular, so they make a lot of them and ships quickly, or 2) it's popular and they don't make them quickly enough, so it's slow to ship.

I realize that's not super helpful, but you've heard from at least 2 people (myself and Chevyscrounger) that it was quick, so maybe it will be for you as well? Fingers crossed...

20. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I endorse the MTAC holster (without compensation and unbeknownst to the maker) for the cowhide backing, holster interchangeability, and the ability to adjust the cant and ride depth. I've worn Mitch Rosen's Model ARG with my BHP for decades but I may switch to the MTAC soon as the ARG is getting "long in the tooth."