1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Got my Holy Grail knife.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by deusexaethera, Aug 19, 2016.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Well...technically my Holy Grail knife is a $2500 Damascus-steel dagger made by Boker, so this is more like my Backup Holy Grail knife, but I can actually use this one so in that respect it's actually better. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Boker Annual Damascus Knife for 2016, based on their Boy Scout 5.25" pocket knife. Nickel-silver bolsters, African Blackwood scales, stainless-steel lock, and a blade that isn't just Damascus, it's stainless Damascus, forged by Chad Nichols. So I can actually carry it in my pocket without it rusting. I knew all those years I didn't buy a Damascus knife would pay off eventually.

This knife is perfect for FDC -- Fancy Dress Carry. It might even be good for EDC, though I'll probably continue to carry my normal Boy Scout knife with C-Tek scales most days:

[​IMG]

To be honest, I don't even miss the spring-assist mechanism from my Kershaw Chive most of the time.

And yes, in proper EDC tradition, I bought two...of each. :D

Last edited by deusexaethera, Aug 20, 2016
  2. RVPhil

RVPhil Loaded Pockets

Congrats! very nice blade

3. Nato River

Nato River Empty Pockets

That is one good lookin' knife. Definitely a great conversation starter.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I was excited when I found out that stainless Damascus exists; I have a Damascus letter opener and just from occasional use the handle developed a few rust spots that I haven't been able to fully remove, so I was convinced that there was no way I could have a Dasmascus knife that I could carry in my pocket on a daily basis. Fortunately modern metallurgy came to the rescue.

Nato River likes this.