1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Got my Eco Drive!

Discussion in 'Watches' started by AK Adventurer, Nov 30, 2011.

1. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Yeah, and it'll never even see that on me, I'm pretty much scarred to death of water than is deep enough for my feet to need to leave the ground/deeper than chest deep :rolleyes_revamped:

Yeah, I kinda figured that when I got my first one... although it evens out in the winter where there is a couple months of only 4 hours of light a day.. Its a pretty darned good thing these that don't need strictly sunlight to run, and have a good power reserve... I don't think mine saw the sun for a couple months total this winter. ;)

2. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Yeah, the fact that this watch will charge off of any light source was one of the selling points to me. I work too many hours in front of a computer and there are days I don't get outside until it's dark out.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  3. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

I brought it today, but can't find the manual :eek: It is brand new, so unless I am being stupid :p

4. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Mine was in the bottom of my box under the Cylinder like watch box.

[​IMG]

5. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

I shall need to go back to the shop and ask them for the manual. The citizen website says that some times a manual is not included but if you got one I want one :p

6. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I got a secret decoder ring in the box too!! Oh wait.. that was a box of Cracker Jacks.

7. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

I found and book marked the manual online last night. So far I love the watch and it feels nice to wear. The hole spacing is quite weird on the strap, where its either way too loose or a little tighter than I normally wear a watch.

8. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Glad to hear you are liking it. ;)

9. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I was sure I had replied to this before, but it doesn't seem to have posted...

In the UK the BM8180 is available at Argos (which is where I got mine) - I don't think it is listed as a 'BM8180' which is why it may not appear in searches, though is easily found on their website (and available either in store or for delivery).

My knowledge is that nato and zulu straps are the opposite way round from your description...
    The zulu straps are typically the single piece straps, of a heavier weight nylon and with the heavier duty/larger rounded hardware.
    Nato straps are lighter weight and with smaller and more square shaped hardware, and have the extra second piece that runs back under the watch and loops over the end.
    Part of the issue is that there is no standard, this is only what I have picked up from reading various forums and from buying them online - some places name them differently, and you can get single piece zulu style nato straps and vice versa (which from the shape of the hardware looks like what the 'zulu' in the image above is.

As for the WR ratings, I will admit to owning a dive certified watch, and the deepest I have had it is a whole 1% of its 300m rating when being swimming in the deepest pool I have available locally. I primarily bought it for the styling, and appreciate the extra quality of the ISO certification process, but the 300m rating to me is little more than a fancy number to show off if you like that sort of thing. Even a 100m WR watch should theoretically be far more than any of us need in daily life, even counting wearing it swimming or out on the water - hell, even most proper scuba diving is done well above 100m...

The light? Even living in the stereotypical gloom of Scotland I have never had a worry with mine - between a decent power reserve to last between the odd days of bright sunlight and being able to charge of near enough any ambient lighting I have never had any of mine show low power and without me giving any thought to charging them other than leaving them open on a desk rather than shutting them away.

Last edited by Narcosynthesis, Mar 26, 2014
  10. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

I may end up buying a leather strap for it, but I am sort of fond of its current strap (the 8180)