1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Got $400 to burn.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by ketchupgun, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Totally agree with kertap75! but I'm not a watchguy,either.

In fact, my watch is on my DumbFone; a $16 special from Best Buy w/ my (previous) SmartFone SIM card in it!

Besides that, only an analog watch can be used as a compass, in an emergency situation.....digital; smigital.

Off now, to listen to the new Joe Walsh: "I'm An Analog Guy In A Digital World".

2. a175

a175 Loaded Pockets

I'm partial to the Citizen Eco-Drive lineup. It's hard to argue against solar power on a watch unless you live in Alaska or something. The watches hold there charge for a LONG time.
    This is some pretty shoddy camera work, but here are two examples. The one with the brown band is probably my favorite watch I've ever owned, and I've gone through quite a few. It's light enough to not weigh you down (titanium body), but still substantial. It's relatively classy while still being incredibly functional and not too flashy. Both watches have alarms (first analog watches I've ever had with that) and multiple time zones. They have many different models to suit individual taste.
    They are only a few years old at this time, so I don't know if they'll last as long as my g-shock did. About 7 years, a trip to Kuwait then the invasion of Iraq (2003), 3 trips to Afghanistan (2001-2002, 2008-2009, another short hop in 2009), multiple training deployments, some pretty hard landings involving ropes and parachutes, and perhaps most impressive of all just surviving being strapped to my wrist day-to-day.....all this on the original battery. I've got another one now, but the Citizens get more wear time. The stainless one even went overseas with no issues.
    I'm not a spokesman by any means, just a fan. I think it's a good watch at a fair price, and I really don't see many folks talk much about them. Maybe I missed a memo somewhere, but I'm very happy with mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3. a175

a175 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

jawkDNA likes this.
  4. jawkDNA

jawkDNA Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Citizen Eco-Drives.
    I have 5 currently and I love them all.

5. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

6. B_H_

B_H_ Loaded Pockets

buy a 400$ savings account.........

7. Andy S

Andy S Loaded Pockets

These are hard to beat for 75 USD...[​IMG]

kye4some likes this.
  8. Mad_Maxx

Mad_Maxx Loaded Pockets

I'd like one too (with 12h numbers though) but can't find it for less than 130-200$....

9. ducatisteve

ducatisteve Empty Pockets

Another one for the Seiko SKX007. Get that on a rubber strap (the cheapest), buy either a solid end link super oyster or super jubilee from wjean on eBay, get a few extra fatty spring bars and NATO/ZULU/Maratac Elite straps, and you still have enough left over for a basic atomic G-Shock. Done and done.

10. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

Dude, this is easy. Get a 007 AND a Seiko BFK. 007 for fun stuff that isn't too hard on a mechanical (though you'll be surprised what a mech can take), and the BFK (it stands for BIG FRIGGIN KINETIC, seiko's model line is the SKA series) for the really rough stuff. I've had a 007 in the past and it was a stellar watch, and I still have a BFK, which is really nice. I have the SKA427P1 PVD model with yellow accents, and it totally rocks. It's really high on the BA-scale.

Check out what this guy put his through:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/bfk-durability-testing-more-updates-655265.html

Here's mine: [​IMG]

11. Jailer

Jailer Loaded Pockets

I have seen the light! The light off of a tritium dial, that is. I can't tell you how convenient trit markers are. They allow you to tell the time in any environment and situation.

My suggestion would be the Deep Blue Daynight. They are highly regarded and very affordable. Another option that caught my eye is the Mondaine Nightvision. I have no idea if this is a reliable watch, but it is sharp.

12. Twice armed

Twice armed Loaded Pockets

I would go for a luminox 1823 field watch it just hits the mark its on my lust list