1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I have to admit, the orange one has my eye... fingers crossed Monday will be a GR1 sale.

The American is listed as out of stock... I already have a 26L one, but really wished I bought a backup when they were blowing them out for $149 on 4 July.

2. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Definitely don't want to remove the Molle lol, just expand on the versatility a bit. I found this helmet mod and it's similar to what I was thinking, just no Molle on the outside of it, and shorter because I don't want to add any extra Molle on the sides. Still looks good though. Google "pack config gr1 helmet mod".

As for adding attachment points, I was thinking of longer PALS straps on the bottom of the attachment that would feed underneath the bottom front Molle and attach to the top row, making a bucket of sorts. Confused yet? Lol. Maybe even sew in some elastic on the top seam of the fabric to make it pull tight when not in use. Wouldn't allow you to put small items in because they could fall through the bottom, but for clothing items or other larger and relatively flat things, could work.

Man I wish I had a sewing machine and some time on my hands!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Monday will be D-Day! , hoping the GR1 marks down to $195!!!

fresh eddie fresh likes this.
  4. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

For any of you using some sort of admin pouch on the inner MOLLE how do you like it? I'm still contemplating trying this out, but would love to hear actual everyday user feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Got to admit I'm trying *hard* to justify the orange - it's a cool colour but I know I'd more than likely never use it as it's too bright for me. If it's on sale Monday.. well, I suppose if I HAVE to spend over $500 for free shipping one could make it's way into my order. Just to bump it up to the threshold, of course ;)

6. Silverj53

Silverj53 Loaded Pockets

I like the admin pouch a lot, I am able to dump my work pens and notepad in it when I get done for the day, and carry spares organized vs just in a pocket. If I had one complaint it would be that it makes the bag top heavy and tries to fold on itself. I feel it needs it for my use though. I have the Milspec Monkey pouch.

NeWt likes this.
  7. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I'm using a kifaru admin pouch on the inner molle. It's working out ok but I agree that it does make it a bit top heavy. I transitioned to the GR1 a week or so ago after using the Kifaru Antero for a while. That's a great EDC bag as well. Next up is probably the Mystery Ranch ASAP which is on deck. I don't think that's going to work though as there doesn't seem to be the room I need.

8. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Has anyone ever replaced the frame sheet in their bag? I got the idea the other day, after looking at my GR1, and noticing it was super slouchy and bendy.

So I bought some .125" kydex, cut it to the same dimensions of the stock frame sheet, and slipped it in. Works so much better than the original. The back is much stiffer now, and does not slouch down.

NeWt and camporama like this.
  9. Silverj53

Silverj53 Loaded Pockets

Great idea, I have though about ordering a Ruck plate just to stiffen it up a bit and add a workout to boot, but there are many days that the Kydex would be more user friendly. I'll have to order some up!

10. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

A ruck plate would add quite a bit of weight to a bag when you are just carrying it around on a daily basis. Kydex worked great. I got in on Amazon for maybe $15 or so.

11. XCarbonSteelx

XCarbonSteelx Loaded Pockets

I have a black GR1. I have yet to really use it as an EDC bag. I'll use it when I do not want to sling my duffle bag to the gym on my motorcycle and have flown with it a few times. I purchased it for the GoRuck challenges and have not taken the reflective bands or carabiners off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

camporama likes this.
  12. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Seems some stuff is 20% off, GR2, Bullet 15l, Echo, Ruckers and some of their accessories. Don't know if this is the entire last week of sales as on their FB page yesterday they put

"X-Mas in July finale happens next week. And like any finale, its is starting with a bang. Monster has a few surprises lined up. Stay tuned for the X-Mas in July Grand Finale, starts Monday!"

13. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Yea its going to progress, if you notice it says the 20% sale ends tomorrow. So my guess is it will go up to 50% off, or each day is a different deal.

14. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

I hate it when companies do :censored: like this, man. Fair enough a different deal each week with them all available at the end, but it's going to be annoying if people buy stuff now at 20% and see it tomorrow at 25% or 30%.

15. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Yea its a bit aggravating, gives you buyers remorse for sure. But then there is the risk of waiting and the stock running out. Buddy of mine just got his GR2 (rumor mill is that there were only something like 25 in stock) for $316. Not a bad deal and he didn't want to wait and possibly loose the chance.

16. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Yeah, same issue here. There's 29 or so bullet 15ls in stock so I dunno whether to go ahead now or risk missing out for a potentially bigger discount.

17. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

Everything BUT the GR1 is on sale today. Haha. I might use this as justification to just go ahead and drop the money for a Litespeed.

18. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

When the Ruckers went on sale, the large and small were all in stock, but I bought two of the smaller ones for $109, now they are $100, still plenty 20L in stock and will likely go cheaper as the week goes on. They sort of punish you for being a fan of their stuff sometimes, don't they? People who are not willing to shell out GoRuck prices to begin with will end up with the best deals in the end.

CBisch and Bedlam like this.
  19. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Also don't want to create any problems here but...

If you caught it, the rucker slashed price as of last week was $109 for the blue and green. Then this morning they went back up to $149. Then once the week 4 deal posted, they are "20% off" from the new $125 down to $100. Technically, shouldn't it have been 20% off of $109 since that is what they were last week? Seems like its an arbitrary raising of the price to make the sale seem better, when it reality its only a 8% drop from last week.

Just a bit fishy to me.

veriest1 likes this.
  20. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Same thing with the Red and Tan Ruckers. Last week they were $124 I believe, and now are $119 as a "20%" off from $149. Just really seems sketchy to me.