1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

It looks a lot like a Kifaru E&E. As far as affordability, I know it is less important with a lot of people these days, but USA made is really important to me, so I used to wait for the sales that pop up a couple times a year and I could score Ruckers for about $150 or less. I think with the price change, that might be less of a possibility now. Recycled Firefighter Chief is still a great option for an American made clamshell box type pack at really cheap prices.

2. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I guess everyone has seen the price hikes at GORUCK. I think they have a good PR piece explaining that too.

Quality or not $395 for a GR1 ruck/back pack is a bit of a hard pill to swallow at any income level.

Not fanning any fires, but if you're a GORUCK fan it may be a bit late to buy one.

I sold my GR1 about a month ago because it no longer met my needs, and fortunately or unfortunately my needs aren't a war zone.

Outbound and Flexxx like this.
  3. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I think most Americans try to buy American as much as they can. I try to buy American as much as I can, too many companies to mention them all, and I think it's fine buying some high quality items from countries with fair trade practices with us, who respect our IP and copyrights.

Props to you if you able buy American 100% of the time, I highly respect that.

4. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I think they changed their pricing structure so the discounted price is now "full" price. I guess it is what happens when you have such a generous discount program.

I think you and I both know that it is impossible to buy American 100% of the time, and it is your money, so you are free to send it wherever you like... packs and bags just happen to be one of the things that are really easy to buy American (electronics/tech seem to be the hardest!)

5. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

@fresh eddie fresh I hear ya, keep up the great work.

I try to support small American businesses as much as I can, just got a Hidden Woodsmen haversack and Hill Peoples Gear chest pack. Looking to buy a Zpacks ultralight backpack, they're based in Florida. But, I do like Swedish outdoors gear a lot too. I just avoid China products as much as I can, I'm against their unfair trade practices and outright theft of American and international copyrights and patents.

USA!

edcMe likes this.
  6. ArkansasFan30

How's the stitching on the Hidden Woodsman bag?

7. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I actually have a complaint about that very issue. What made you ask about the stitching?

I have both the Hidden Woodman's Day Ruck and Haversack @fresh eddie fresh and the stitching seems a bit rushed. I love the style and the fact that it's a small american business. a number of loose threads, messy stitching at certain points.

8. ArkansasFan30

I ask because I've seen the same problem on 2-3 different bags of from THW. They either wetenwe ztraight, looked loose, or generally looked to have less asthetic appeal.

I didn't become familiar with the brand until about Nov. 2017 watching Joe Robinet Bushcraft videos and joining the Bushcraf USA forums. I think even on THW's site I've seen some stitching that isn't what we EDC guys are accustomed to.

Aisde from that, the bag designs seem to be very nice.

9. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I thought I was being too picky. I love the looks but they really could improve that part. I'm really happy with my Raging River Trading haversack, good stitching and 1000d cordura. The man that operates it was in the Coast Guard and built gear for the job so he knows how to build hard use gear. Check it out if you're in the market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#509 MAGA, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    THX2008 likes this.
  10. Bradywan

Bradywan Empty Pockets

I’ve had a Goruck GR2 since it’s release. Love it. It’s been around the world, and I couldn’t be happier. Might have to bid on some overtime to get that GR3...

Redneck Bear likes this.
  11. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

For those who have a GR2 40L, are you able to stuff it under the seat of an airplane?

Been thinking about selling my brand new GR2 34L and trade up for for a GR2 40L...since I may pickup a Alpha One Niner Evade 2.0 as my EDC.

12. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Depends how full you pack it. If you have it pack completely - it doesn't fit. If your don't - it can fit but sticks out into aisle so you lose leg/feet room. I found that to be an uncomfortable flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

race2c and Redneck Bear like this.
  13. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

thank you for the insight and information.

i typically carry a backpack (present EDC is a 5.11 Covrt 18) and roller bag.

14. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I have the same covert bag. It's my go to for weekend and smaller trips. But anything a week or longer gets the GR2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro