1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

I've got a number of friends and family current and former but again, that's 25% off regular price (to my understanding). So the CiJ sale is actually slightly better depending on which color youre after.

Even if it's in addition to, it's still $160+ for the GR1. I appreciate the suggestion but I'm just going to have to carry my love/hate with you all and live voraciously through this thread for a bit.

That said, if I came across an "American" (aka murder red) GR1 I'd push the budget and spend a night or two on the couch.

Last edited by swedishelite22, Jul 2, 2018
    #481 swedishelite22, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

welp, i bit the bullet. a new GR2 34liter is on its way. the Christmas in July Sale + Educator discount (wife) made me go for it. this may hold me over until the A19 Evade 2.0 comes out....just have to wait and see.

swedishelite22 likes this.
  3. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

The discounts stack. So sale price minus the military discount.

swedishelite22 likes this.
  4. andyang

andyang Loaded Pockets

guys and all experts...not sure if there is a bullet post, but will try to post here to find out from you guys.

anyone already have comparison between the bullet 10 version 1 and version 3?

which is more suitable for work (small mineral water/papers/wallet/powerbank/phone/ notes/ etc) travel (A4 size paper/wallet/powerbank/iphone/notebook/passport/jacket/etc) AND Daddy's pack (which need to put 2 water bottles/jackets/wife's purse / etc)

Please comment!!!! :) thanks again all goruck lover and expert!!!!

5. Benbrooks

Benbrooks Loaded Pockets

Version 3. The first version has two compartments and lends itself more towards a hydration bladder or long skinny thighs only. I’ve used every version of the pack as edc and dad bag, the newest is the best one yet for that.

andyang likes this.
  6. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Well it depends. I like v1 because it doesn't have to stiff bottom. So it compresses flat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. GoBlueCO1

GoBlueCO1 Loaded Pockets

Well, finally bit the bullet and purchased a GoRuck GR1 26L and Velcro Field Pocket Echo 2L, Padded Field Pocket GR2 4L, Wire DoppAdjustable Pistol Caddy, Horizontal Tool Attachment and 3-Cell Pistol Mag Pouch.

I’ll be sure to post pics once it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul O likes this.
  8. GoBlueCO1

GoBlueCO1 Loaded Pockets

I got my GR26L today as well as the other accessories. Is there a way to mount pitches below the molle section on the inside of this pack? Originally I thought Velcro would stick but it doesn’t.

9. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

10. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

I use a panel made by Head On Tactical inside my Bullet 10l. Basically a molle sheet that I threw a sheet of Jude’s in to add pouches and what not for my ambulance bag. Can provide pictures if interested.

11. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I've finally decided to part with my GORUCK gear. GR1, bottle holder, field pocket, have already given the sternum strap away. The rest are on eBay. The simple side pocket sold as soon as I listed it which was surprising.

I never liked the 26L size and don't use the accessories. I'm keeping the Bullet...for now.

12. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

The GR1 was my grail for so long, when it arrived I loved it but then over time I think I grew to hate it. I had the black version and it never seemed to look clean either.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  13. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Had the same love hate thing on the GR1 until I took it on a transatlantic trip heavily loaded; it worked out well under the plane seat, used it as a footrest, and worked thru security in a breeze.

14. GoBlueCO1

GoBlueCO1 Loaded Pockets

So I’ve been EDCing my GR1 26L every day for a couple months. During the week it’s loaded up with a bunch of work :censored: and on weekends CCW and other gear depending on where we are headed that day. Now that it’s broken in there are a few things I would like to add or modify and hope someone here can help me out.

The first is a designated water bottle holder that I can attach to the side of the pack. Just looking for recommendations as to which one I should pick up.

Secondly I will be picking up the Ruck Custom Shooter Conversion sheet.

Last is simply a question. I was gifted a set of copper Atwood zipper pulls and want to swap them for the factory pulls. The odd thing is that I can’t seem to find images of aftermarket pulls on this pack. Would you keep the heat shrink tube and attach the copper pulls to the top and then knot overtop, or remove the heat shrink tubes all together.

Thanks in advance for your help!

15. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Here is the water bottle holder I have: https://www.vanquest.com/hydra-water-bottle-holder/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GoBlueCO1 likes this.
  16. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I couldn’t afford goruck so I got the Varusteleka Sarma tst mini combat

[​IMG]

17. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Oh I like that. Got any more pics?

Journo likes this.
  18. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I'll take some for you

19. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

@Chiles

This bag is made in Finland where all men have to serve in the military for some time period. The Fins know good military gear, they like sport shooting, the outdoors, etc...

They kept it simple, no gimmicks just hard use Finish MilSpec components. It's as tough or tougher than the brands I've used: 511, Maxpedition, Vanquest, etc... I haven't used GoRuck yet though. I'm pretty happy with this pack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by MAGA, Sep 15, 2018
    #499 MAGA, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    mrhockey and GoBliNuke like this.
  20. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets