1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Both the 21L and 26L fit under the seats, with the 26L being a couple inches longer.

cbabalis likes this.
  2. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I just want molle webbing on the bottom of mine. *sadface*

GORUCK is a peculiar type of bag in that there are a lot of things I can't stand about the ruck, but there are a lot of things I love about it. I've read a variety of articles published by GORUCK and Jason in the earlier days, and the things I'd like to see changed (sans bottom MOLLE webbing) are purported to make the bag weaker, e.g. smoother lining of straps and back, better ventilated back. I was never a fan of the slanted pocket, since I'm a right angle kind of guy, but it's readily overlooked.

What I like about the bag is its sleek toughness, and I think that's what defines them. It doesn't balloon outward like 5.11, Maxpedition, etc, and it feels so much more robust than Osprey, Kelty, etc. Some of the most expensive backpacks out there feel like they'd rip apart if you caught it on a briar or a door handle.

3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

That's good!, just got my - lo and behold! - the GR1 black! Using the 20% discount code after a survey, hard to pass and shipping was overnight to north of the border-$72 FedEx with duties. I plan this bag for an international trip. Just curious if anyone had a better deal lately.

4. mrhockey

mrhockey Loaded Pockets

Been carrying my new GR1 for a week or so now for work. I’m mad I waited so long to buy one now.

I’m not in love with the admin pouch I grabbed (Condor Annex) and I’ll be swapping it out for something else, not sure what yet though. I’m using my Hazard 4 glasses case on the interior webbing to keep the exterior as clean as possible.

I see a GR2 in my future I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Avenal, YoungMedic and Southpaw like this.
  5. bob1sh

bob1sh Empty Pockets

Looking to purchase my first, a 26L. I’ve got the mil discount but was wondering if it would be smarter to wait for the July sale? Wanting to buy once, cry once but us enlisted folk don’t make that much money lol any savings would help. What is the sale like?

6. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Depends on the color. If you want a black GR1 just get it now because they’ve said they won’t discount the black ones anymore with it being their flagship ruck. If you want a color one I’d wait till July so your discount stacks.

bob1sh and fresh eddie fresh like this.
  7. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

If you don't need a laptop compartment, the Ruckers often get massively discounted. I actually prefer my V1 Rucker(s) to my GR1.

bob1sh likes this.
  8. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

Anybody pre-order any MACV-1’s? I’m into them and it’s the last thing I thought I would need in my life, well at least for work! LOL

9. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I'm waiting to see people's reviews. I have wide feet, so boots suck to buy.

Macgirl and fresh eddie fresh like this.
  10. bob1sh

bob1sh Empty Pockets

I don’t necessarily need the laptop compartment with the stretch sleeve as well but I travel a lot and I’ve watched YouTube videos of people packing the 26L for 10 day trips so that’s right up my alley. Plus I’m 6’2, the Rucker would probably look like a child’s bag on me.

fresh eddie fresh likes this.
  11. bob1sh

bob1sh Empty Pockets

That’s what I was wanting to know. The grey on the website seems lighter than a wolf grey and there’s no black multi so I think I’ll just stick to black.

Is the sale only for ticks or do the pouches and clothes get discounted too? Thanks for the info.

12. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Here was last year's Christmas in July sale : https://alldayruckoff.com/announcements/goruck-christmas-in-july-2017/

fresh eddie fresh and bob1sh like this.
  13. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'm 6' and use my Rucker 20L and 25L packs interchangeably (the 25L Rucker is pretty much the exact same size as a GR1 26L). The 20L is shorter, but does not look tiny... the Echo, however is about the same size as a KidRuck.

bob1sh likes this.
  14. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

The sizing on their clothing can be really odd, hopefully their footwear will be sized closer to standard.

15. bob1sh

bob1sh Empty Pockets

Any recommendation on which RuckPlate for the GR1 26L? Standard or Expert? The only thing I’ve read is that you want it high in the ruck and not at the bottom of it.

16. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

17. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

I started on in this thread one night when I couldn't sleep.

I kept hearing about GR packs and figured why not. Then I saw the price and thought :censored: so I had to keep snagging the pages to see what made them so great.

24 pages later I find myself in an internal struggle to justify another bag purchase. Between my Osprey and Sandpiper bag I don't need one in this styling but here I am with bids on eBay nonetheless...

...I hate you all.

18. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Their Christmas in July sale is up and a bunch of products are on insane discounts right now...

Paul O likes this.
  19. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

^^^ this is true and while the sale has some decent % savings, the total is still too high.

$200+ for the GR1 (which is the ideal bag) and $155+ for the Rucker are still out of reach.

I fully accept this purchase probably won't happen unless something completely falls through the cracks.

20. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Hmm... good point. Find a friend with an earned service discount?