1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

+1, I want to marry this pack!

2. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Put my new Bullet through it's first real test since getting it. I'm training for firefighter fitness testing so I'm starting to ruck on my treadmill until the snow mounts. I did a 20min ruck at 5km/h on a 10 degree incline with 30lbs of weight in my Bullet. Not too bad, the bag performed well. I do feel the weight is a bit much for a Bullet though since the shoulder straps are kind of narrow and I have broad shoulders. 20lbs would probably be just right.

One thing I really like about the Bullet's size and shape with regards to my specific use is that it actually feels and rids similar to a SCBA pack which I'll have to wear during my fitness test.

I'm looking forward to spring when the snow melts and I can start really using this pack for fishing, hiking etc.

3. Brown_Bear

Brown_Bear Loaded Pockets

It's the 10L Bullet in Woodland camo

4. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

The second version of the bullet is a bit stiffer on the bottom and should be able to stand upright. People seem to prefer the original bullet so I doubt you'll have a problem trading it.

5. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

#ILOVEMYBULLET

I don't know what this pound tag stuff means, but I do love my GORUCK Bullet.

RED-FIVE and Journo like this.
  6. andyang

andyang Loaded Pockets

i have both v1 and v2. :)

just trying to suit to the v1 as v2 is easy to suit.

7. mrhockey

mrhockey Loaded Pockets

My team has done pretty well at work lately so I decided to treat myself to a very early birthday present.

I’m pleased. I just need to decide on an admin panel.

[​IMG]

NeWt and Avenal like this.
  8. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

The 15L is the best as a day pack but Goruck discontinued it as it started getting more fans that would hurt the GR1. The thick straps and the lighter weight of the fabric makes it perfect for heavy loads.My issue with the GR1 is it only pays for itself if you constantly pack it to the brim if not your stuff will just rest at the bottom and you are carrying half the weight of the bag.

9. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I have put my 15L Bullet for a much deserved rest. It's becoming a precious commodity, the Echo is taking place, still works well except the Bullet can take more load.

10. illuminaughty

illuminaughty Loaded Pockets

I appreciate the response.
    I did end up picking up two 15L bullets. A brand new wolf gray (my favorite color) and a black one for dirtbiking/mtbing/hiking etc.

What color is the one you’re retiring and how much are you looking to get. I’d be interested in getting it for my girlfriend. You can PM me if you’d like.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I'm retiring my bullet15 temporarily to save it from wear and tear, it's becoming a precious commodity I said because the cost/usefulness ratio is much better than the gr1, perhaps why Goruck discontinued it since their GR1 is the flagship product. In lieu is my echo which I don't worry so much since stock is abundant. Seems like the general consensus was GR1 sales slowed whenever the 15 is around . So now they put up just the 10L version so the gap is bigger. While I encounter more and more wearing GR1s lately( two in my office bldg.) I haven't seen someone with a 15 in my walk, bus, train and plane commutes. Will someone take the bullet if mark this bag for $300?, probably, this is the the original version with back pocket, much lighter and easier to handle in the crowd. Capacity almost equal to the GR1 since the fabric is stretchable. The thick straps is perfect so when you load a lighter bag to capacity, weight transfer in your back is perfect. This where Goruck hit the spot on this bag. Good for you having the grey version. I will most likely get a second Bullet15 on a steel grey, which makes me ask and I'm wondering if anyone in this forum can say if the steel grey is not that much difference than the wolf grey!?, I'm studying photos and lighting makes it tough to call. I have a coupon until April30, the GR1 steel grey is really compelling except I have one in wolf grey, if no solid leads, I'll strike for the black, Thanks!

12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Love theses bags!!!

13. ArkansasFan30

Where are you guys getting 15L Bullets?

I bought a new, 10L last summer and love it although 12-15L seems more manageable if you want to stick a jacket or something in there. I don't think the separate hydration pocket would be helpful for me?

I was looking at GORUCK's site this morning and noticed the embroidered speer head, which I don't care for, has been moved from the bag to a scaled down version on the lower, right MOLLE. It burns me up actually, but it's not worth replacing the bag especially since my straps are broken in.

I also noticed they're adding MOLLE webbing to the bottom of rucks now. I emailed about paying them to add to my 26L GR1. If they do it, I'll probably buy the compression sack too.

Jay-uk likes this.
  14. ArkansasFan30

Would you ever mind posting a pic comparing the two in size?

15. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I wish but photobucket is now charging for subscription; some pics by Google search will show up though. Both are almost equal in capacity but they differ proportionally; the Echo is short and wide whereas the bullet15 is narrow and tall. The bullet15 have a better proportion.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  16. ArkansasFan30

Goruck emailed back stating the company has ideas of allowing customization through the scars program in the future but not at this present time. Darn the luck. Anybody want a GR1 with service discount? LOL.

17. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

You have to buy the GR1 workshop. Their custom bag.

18. ArkansasFan30

I realize that hence the email to determine if they could apply one to my existing bag. Webbing doesn't justify an extra bag. I'm not a "bag guy."

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

19. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

Just read that Goruck is releasing a V3 15L Bullet later this year...

343KD likes this.
  20. Bob45

Bob45 Empty Pockets

I'd like to get one, but I've never seen anybof them. Stuck between the 21L and the 26L. Will the 26L fit under an airplane seat? Is the 21L big enough to hold a hoodie?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk