1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Hmm. I won't be able to ship it back for free since I'm in Canada. If/when I pull the trigger, I'll be having it shipped to Sumas, WA where a friend will pick it up at the receiving depot and bring it back to Canada with some other purchases. I live 12+ hours from the border. GoRuck's site wants $85 for shipping to my address. Like hell...

Crap. I really need to get hands on with these packs before I make my final decision. If I could ship them back to GoRuck for free from Canada I'd buy a Bullet, Echo, and GR1 21L and just keep the one I want. :(

2. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Yea I ordered one this past summer as a potential day pack. Was a little too small for my needs. A 15L version would be best for me.

3. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

:censored:. I just confirmed, no free returns for us international folks. :( I'm going to hold off for now. Too much uncertainty with too much money involved at this point.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  4. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Try eBay. I've found some bullets there for pretty cheap.

5. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately, I don't use Ebay or Paypal. Both burned me real bad in the past, so I won't ever risk using them again. :(

6. illuminaughty

illuminaughty Loaded Pockets

I've been on the hunt for a 15L V1 Bullet. If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with it. I'm located in the US. I've got alerts set up on all sites like ebay, craigslist, offerup, etc. I know there's a facebook page for trading gear but you had to have competed in a challenge to get accepted into it.

7. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I've been in search too. People are asking way too much on eBay.

8. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Well, I pulled the trigger on a 10L Bullet. I figured worst case scenario if it didn't work for my day/travel pack it would become my medical pack to keep in the truck.

I'm pleased to say, it works perfectly. I can't believe how much crap I can stuff into it. I got jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, underwear, socks, compact dopp kit, book, charging cables and a tablet into it with ease. I could also cram in a compact/stuffable rain jacket if need be as well. There was still some room to spare.

The build quality is excellent. I think I'll definitely have to start saving for a GR1.

Bobby Leang likes this.
  9. Benbrooks

Benbrooks Loaded Pockets

Goruck subreddit usually has one or two a month for sale.

10. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Finally I have a GR1 in my possession, after having used a whole plethora of bags I finally feel like I’m at the end of my pack journey.

The build quality feels amazing, it holds everything I want to and the clamshell opening seems better than in other packs.

I’ve got it loaded out with my work EDC stuff, camera (Canon M10), spare batteries, audio kit, trauma kit and spare TQ, chargers and I’m using a Condor admin pouch attached to the internal MOLLE which holds my pens and the like.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Krellh, Colt Seavers and RED-FIVE like this.
  11. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Nice Journo, I always liked the how the zippers turn the corner a bit at the bottom and allows the main compartment to fully open. Those last couple inches of travel make a difference especially when the bottom mesh pouches/front pocket are loaded. GR does it right...

Journo likes this.
  12. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I'd like to see a Hidden Woodsmen compared to a Goruck although the model closest to a Goruck in overall design isn't featured on the website presently.

13. menace2sobriety

menace2sobriety Loaded Pockets

always wanted a goruck gr1 or echo but just can't seem to justify (aka convince my wife to let me) buy a $200 back pack

Jay-uk likes this.
  14. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't have ever bought one without pulling a 25% discount. Interestingly, right after I bought my GR1 and some accessories the shipping went up.

15. Brown_Bear

Brown_Bear Loaded Pockets

16. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

Anybody using a GR2 34l for an everyday backpack? I have an original gr1 but I always wished it had the second compartment like my GR2. I have a BP from REI that is 30l and it;s perfect, but not that sturdy, so I was looking to upgrade.

17. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

I was using it for a little while - but the lopside design didn’t allow the pack to sit up straight and too much volume made me go back to my 26L GR1.

Since then I’ve sold it in favor of a 40L which gives the packs some differentiation; otherwise I’ll probably going crazy going between the 34 and 26L.

18. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

Ya I hear you. My 40l is my go to travel bag. It's perfect for up to a week. The zippers can't be beat and the construction is bombproof. It is so organized and well thought out it kind of makes me wonder why no one thought of it sooner.

19. andyang

andyang Loaded Pockets

hi guys...i recently purchase the version 1 goruck bullet 10...i would like to know how to add on some very slim type panel / or panel molle or padded inside the pack?? so that the bullet can stand still....and anyone try to modify / custom the bullet 10 version 1 by adding padded at the bottom of the pack???

please comment..thanks

20. Sofastreamer

Sofastreamer Loaded Pockets

which bullet is this?

Redneck Bear likes this.