1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

The 32L might be a little small for two pairs of shoes. With that said, the 57L might be a little too big.

If you could only have one, then I would go with the 57L Civvy Kit Bag, but you’ll have some space to spare.

Sprocket2107 likes this.
  2. Sprocket2107

Sprocket2107 Loaded Pockets

What I really want is the 57L Civvy, it seems to be a fantastic middle ground. However my only concern with going that route is that they will make me check it. If I have to check it then I guess I don’t really have a choice. The 32L is appealing only because it’s TSA compliant. I usually fly jet blue. Not sure if you have experience with them and what they let you get away with. I know their built tough so my concern isn’t with them making me check it, I’m solely concerned with them losing my s*** I currently have a North Face Base Camp bag in medium. It’s something like 69-71L if I remember correctly. It’s definitely a little much considering I do throw one of my packing cubes in my 26L with room to spare. The shoes I’m bring are a pair of Sperry boat shoes and a pair of New Balance 997’s. They aren’t overly bulky but I can see why you believe the 32 would be a little small. Which was my concern going with that.

3. Bobby Leang

If you're using both your GR1 and 32L Kit bag, you can probably get away with everything on your list - the 2 pairs of shoes nestled together will take up 20% of the volume in the kit bag.

When I travel with Family I carry-on my Civvy Kit and I usually have a fair amount of room to spare. And it can get rather heavy loaded up with everyone's clothes.

Sprocket2107 likes this.
  4. Sprocket2107

Do the airlines ever give you any flak for how large the Civvy is? That’s literally my only concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bobby Leang

I haven’t had any experience; but who knows these days.

Sprocket2107 likes this.
  6. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I have the 32L kit, 26L GR1 and a medium Northface duffel. Traveling for a week, I could get away with either the GR1 and the kit bag, or the NF bag and a 10L Bullet Ruck. Depends on what I’m doing on the other end, and how much photography gear I’m carrying etc.

Haven’t seen the 57L kit bag in person, but that 32 L is extremely useful as a utility bag, and will always fit in an overhead, while the GR1 fits under a seat. I was surprised how much stuff I could get in the 32L bag - the shape really makes it efficient. If you fill the 57L, I could see it being too big for an overhead.

smokingfish and Sprocket2107 like this.
  7. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at 40L GR2? You can still carry that one.

Sprocket2107 likes this.
  8. Sprocket2107

The problems I have with that are 1. I’m 5’5” so that pack would look massive. And 2. I don’t really want to drop $350 plus on a pack I’ll only use maybe a dozen times. $135 is a much smaller pill to swallow regarding the kit bag. I am however interested in the 34L GR2 as my EDC bag. It’ll still look big but I can’t imagine it being too much larger than my current 26L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Same size as the 26 but has an extra front flap. I EDC a 21L GR1 and my 34L GR2 is my trip bag.

YoungMedic likes this.
  10. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

Has anyone got any suggestions on where i could get a Goruck Bullet 10L in the UK? I have heard mention of Huckberry, any other suggestions? I loathe paying import duties, particular when the post offices charges are usually more than the duty paid. Thanks in advance for any help, i hope everyone has a nice weekend

Journo likes this.
  11. Bobby Leang

Evidently, I have one that I was about to put for sale if you're interested - I could send it as a gift. PM me if you're interested.

Bobby

12. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

I would be yes. Thanks for getting in touch. How much would you want for it? I couldn't PM you for some reason. Any chance of a few pics etc.

13. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

14. andyang

andyang Loaded Pockets

guys...anyone can intro me internal organizer to attach inside the goruck bullet 10????

this organizer - should fit my HP, powerbank, passport, cards, coins separately?

pls comment. thx

15. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I'm been griping about how the GR1 is most likely the perfect pack for me other than it's price. However, my girlfriend reminded me that I pack light for the most part. I've since started eyeballing the Bullet 10L. It's price after converting to Canadian pesos is much more in line with my budget.

So the main question is, how much crap can a guy fit in the Bullet? Think carry on travel, fly fishing excursions, knock about type edc. My other question is will the ruck plate slot safely hold a Dell XPS 13 laptop or tablet?

Here's an idea of what my max load out would be. If the pack can hold this, it'll do everything I need it to. Could you guys let me know if you think I could fit them in the Bullet 10L?

Travel:

- Dell XPS 13 or tablet
    - Charging cables for above and for cell phone
    - Portable power pack for phone
    - Water bottle
    - Flashlight
    - Jeans (rolled tight)
    - T-shirt (rolled tight)
    - 1 pair underwear
    - 1 pair socks
    - Hoodie (willing to clip/strap this to outside of pack)
    - Compressed rain jacket
    - Gloves (med weight, not the big snowboard style)
    - Water bottle, (1L Nalgene would be nice but willing to downsize to the 500ml version to save space)

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  16. illuminaughty

illuminaughty Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know someone or anyone here willing to sell their V1 Bullet ruck?? I'm on the hunt but can't seem to find one.

17. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I just did a weekend excursion with a bullet. Kept my EDC, undergarments, and shaving kit. I unpacked the non-EDC items and left at the hotel.

To be fair, I put my hotel flip flops in my wife's hanging bag. No way are my bare feet touching a hotel (resort) floor no matter how many stars the place gets.

18. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Triple Aught Design makes a flat pouch I've seen the Loaded Pocketz blogger attach to a GORUCK. The field pockets by GORUCK will also mount externally.

19. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Good stuff, thanks! Sounds like I'd be able to get most if not all of my stuff in then. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it on payday while it's on sale.

20. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I don't think you'll be able to get everything in it. But worth a try. If it doesn't fit, you can ship it back for free and get a refund.