1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Like I said on the post, the guy pictured is 5'8"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. YoungMedic

YoungMedic Loaded Pockets

Im 5'10, get the 26l you can cinch it up to ride right where you want it and if you ruck with it you have some nice ;length on your thumb couches

3. Beardedpatriot39

Beardedpatriot39 Loaded Pockets

I have been wanting a GoRuck, finally decided to start shopping.
    I've found after doing some research that that I'm really liking a lot of the older colors. I'm guessing they do limited runs?
    My question is this,
    Does anyone know of a good place to shop for used GoRuck products....
    Besides this thread....lol,
    Anyone here looking to selll?

4. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

There is a Buy and Sell on this forum, but I think you gotta have a few posts under your belt before it becomes available for your viewing.

Other than that - eBay.

Beardedpatriot39 likes this.
  5. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

On a side note, I was looking at these packs a few years ago and ended up buying an Xray instead. Now that I'm looking at them again, has the price gone up substantialy. I remember them being a good bit less last time I looked. Good thing I can use the MIL discount.

6. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

A lot of them show up on the Facebook page, The Perfect Pack, there are a few for sale right now.

Southpaw likes this.
  7. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Saw a GR1 in the wild yesterday. I'd been to a comedy gig in London, which adjourned to a nearby bar. As I was going though the door I noticed the chap in front of me had a GR1. He let me try it on, felt good!

Bobby Leang likes this.
  8. Bobby Leang

The GR1 is the only pack that I haven't sold and replaced. 1-ruck to rule them all.

NeWt and 343KD like this.
  9. YoungMedic

YoungMedic Loaded Pockets

Picked up a GR2 at the PX this past weekend. Looking forward to beating the hell out of it too.

10. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I'm really thinking I wish I had the GR-0 instead of the GR-1. The 26 liters seems to grow a little every time I look at the bag.

11. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

I ordered both, the 21l looks pretty silly on me. My wife said it looked like a hello kitty back pack. I'm 5'11 btw. The 26l isn't so big when you throw a few things in there.

Bobby Leang, NeWt and ArkansasFan30 like this.
  12. ArkansasFan30

I'm 6'1" at 192#. The 26L is probably ok for travel and extended outdoorsy pursuits. For EDC, it seems rather large. I've actually transitioned to the Bullet for EDC, and that works quite well. Maybe I should just keep the 26 liter, lol!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jaysop likes this.
  13. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I use the Bullet 10 where a lot of people would be using a Camelback, and the GR1 for everything else. The 26L seems like a pretty standard sized day pack to me, much smaller and it would lose versatility.

NeWt likes this.
  14. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I work for a university and used to see black GR1s on a regular basis on campus... it has definitely died down quite a bit, last one I saw was on the bus in the spring.

15. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

For me the 26l fits all I need daily and leaves some space for extras. Looking at then side by side I like the look of the 21 better. I honestly feel for me at least it's the right size EDC and wouldn't cut it for travel except maybe as a carry on. I couldn't imagine wanting to carry the GR1 on a long day hike around the Carolinas in the summer time. I feel like the humidity and the breathability of the pack would kill me.
    For travel I pack up my MR 3DAP and that works fine. I think it has to do with layout.

I'm going to be sending the 21l back soon. My credit card will be grateful.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  16. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Anyone trying to sell their 15 liter Bullet??

Bobby Leang likes this.
  17. Bobby Leang

Is there a reason you're on the market for one of those? For the size and the premium you're gonna be paying, you might want to consider some other packs like an old school Camelbak HAWG from the 1000D to the later 500D before they went full-panel front on the 2013s and 2015s.

The HAWGs may not feel as tough as the Bullets, but I think it gets the job done.

18. ArkansasFan30

It may have already been discussed, but Goruck bags are back in "ranger green."

19. battlestage

battlestage Loaded Pockets

I saw the email earlier and almost immediately placed an order. Must resist...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Captain Adobo likes this.
  20. Sprocket2107

Sprocket2107 Loaded Pockets

I have a question about the Kit Bag. I’m going on vacation next month to Florida for a week with the family and am in search for a new duffel. I have a GR1 26L pack and normally for 2-3 days I’d use the 26L with 2 packing cubes. Would the 57L Civvy be overkill for a week or should I go for the 32L? I planned on picking up a few more packing cubes and also planned on packing the 26L with one packing cube with a days worth of clothes. Also, I’m to the point where when I have to travel I’d prefer to use a duffel that I can use as a carry on as I hate knowing that lost luggage is a real possibility. I’d use the 26L as my personal bag and a duffel as my carry on. Is the 57L too large for carry on or would the 32 be more than enough? I’d be packing 2 pairs of shoes, wearing the 3rd pair, 7 t shirts, 1 polo shirt, a pair of khakis, a pair of jeans that I’ll wear while traveling , 2 pairs of shorts, 7 pairs of underwear and socks. I ranger roll my shirts so I can probably fit all of them in 1 packing cube.