1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. FireCapt

FireCapt Loaded Pockets

Anyone looking for a Goruck bag, they are having a Christmas in July Sale. I just ordered a black Bullet 10 for $20 off. Not everything is on sale but several are.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

2. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

FireCapt, if you haven't already done so, you can register with ID dot me and make up a first responder account, send in your credentials, and get 25% off all GORUCK gear all the time. Moosejaw, Campsaver, and a few other companies have discounts (20%?) with that. It's pretty easy to do.

3. FireCapt

FireCapt Loaded Pockets

I did.....got an additional 25% off the discounted price.....couldn't pass on that deal. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  4. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info. While I was tempted to combine the 40% off sale price of a black Bullet with the ID.me discount, I had to go with Wolf Grey colorway for a 26L GR1 and a Bullet.

5. ArkansasFan30

We're the GR1s on sale? I have the 26L and wish I could like dry it out and shrink it down to a 21 although if I did I'd want the 26 liter again.

I'm considering buying the Rucker...and I don't know why.

ballistic likes this.
  6. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Not the GR1, just black Bullets and Ruckers on sale 40% off.

7. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not sure if you caught it but they changed the retail price from $125 to $145. So the "40% off" is really just 20%. Still good tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballistic likes this.
  8. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

OK so I wasn't crazy, thought the Bullets were normally $125...

9. ArkansasFan30

I've noticed several of their prices increasing in the last couple months when I first started looking at Goruck products. It's going mainstream so of course they'll raise the price.

As it happens, I couldn't care less about the events. Nothing about the tough, heavy, light, etc appeal to me. I like the bags well enough and the field pockets more than the bags, lol.

10. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

How about your experience with Constellation? I participated in Boston on 6/9 (good AAR by another attendee), it was a blast and led to my decision to convert my main and minimalist GHBs to a GR1 and Bullet.

11. ArkansasFan30

I wrote a lengthy review on ITS Tactical's discussion board. Peculiarly, although I enjoyed the evasion, safe house selection, etc and really admired the instructors I drove home the following morning wishing I hadn't gone to it. We had an entire group bail abruptly in the middle of the night citing boredom if that tells you anything. It want boring so much for me or either physically or cognitively taxing. I still have difficulty articulating my feelings about it.

Interestingly, although I've never had a BOB per se I did change my perception of what a go bag is and is not with this event and I credit something Mickey the cadre said about urban survival which led to that tipping point after studying redteams dot net and my own time, energy, and research invested in preparedness.

ballistic likes this.
  12. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Just read it, great write-up.

I can echo that sentiment a bit. I had a good time but also left feeling a bit disappointed. I understand they need to strike a balance due to several constraints including time and the varying degrees of skillsets, knowledge, and fitness of participants. Cadre Michael & John transferred a lot of real world knowledge and experience. The majority of the material covered in class I was already familiar with (a lot of it is common sense, basic first aid & preparedness etc), but it was useful practicing it, especially the E&E portions, in the real world getting thrown into a team of complete strangers. Our AO was a mix of dense urban residential, industrial, and commercial/retail in Somerville just outside of Boston.

While I'm a minimalism philosophy type, I'd rather have a little extra room than not enough room for my gear and prefer to keep everything organized inside instead of having stuff hanging on the outside, hence my decision to go with the 26L GR1. It will also double as a carry-on when traveling.

+1 on Redteams.net.

#352 ballistic, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  13. ArkansasFan30

Thanks!

Yeah, there's no other way to practice E&E. I totally dug that. I'm going to an urban survival course for three days next month, but it's sorely lacking a field component. When our child is bigger I plan to attend courses at OnPoint Tactical for that element as well as the self-reliance school for wilderness skills. Someday maybe even John Hurth's school. I'm really embracing the minimalist strategy. I have an EDC bag and a go bag and long realized they're not one in the same. However, I'm using the Bullet as an EDC replacing my Vanquest bag and the GR1 as a go bag (and probably a travel bag when I travel).

Before Constellation I'd began adopting minimalism, but as of late I've been buying some really high quality gear. My GR1 field pocket is now pretty sweetly stocked, and I'm still working on it, lol. However, my go bag has way less crap than it used to, and the added internal size of the GR1 lets me stow a coat or things I'd find along the way in my, let's be real, fantasy scenarios which have never involved taking to the woods.

Sounds as if were like minded. I was never military but have done local and state LE, a smattering of EMS work, and even a VFD when I was a tad in college. Then I became a professional (psychiatry) and finally have the time and resources to do and get things I've wanted. That and affinity for MacGyver and survival stories in dad's hunting magazines is how I landed in preparedness and what ifs focusing on knowledge and skills rather than bunkers and toys.

ballistic likes this.
  14. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Looks like we do have a few things in common besides our minimalism philosophy and GoRuck ownership..

15. ArkansasFan30

I just bought the rucking polo. I hope large isn't too big.

16. Evieniltega

Evieniltega Empty Pockets

GR2 in Lofoten, Norway. It was a nice ruck [​IMG]

Krellh, Rainy, RED-FIVE and 2 others like this.
  17. ArkansasFan30

Nice picture. Thanks for the scenery.

Evieniltega likes this.
  18. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a set of 5 pullouts in Wolf Grey from Kifaru for my incoming Wolf Grey Bullet and Wolf Grey 26L GR1. They should make organization and switching between packs a piece of cake.

#358 ballistic, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    ArkansasFan30 and Guido Nova like this.
  19. Guido Nova

Guido Nova Loaded Pockets

wow- those look handy! thanks for the tip!

#359 Guido Nova, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    ballistic likes this.
  20. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

Those look really handy. I also like the sil nylon stuff from Eagle Creek - lots of size and shape options, surprisingly tough, nominal weight.

ballistic likes this.