1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

2. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Did my first Goruck Tough last weekend. GR1 took it like a champ. My back, calves, and shins however did not.

NeWt and 343KD like this.
  3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Quite a collection there, is the wolf grey a GR1?

4. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

It's a normal black one, but it does look lighter than my other black ones.

5. camporama

camporama Loaded Pockets

GORUCK has just brought the "shooter rucks" with the velcro on the inside, but otherwise the same. GR1 (26L) and GR2 (40L).

6. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Thanks, and so I chatted with rep online and said GR1 21L is out of stock!, can it be? Or their just trying to sell off their not so popular sizes and colours. I wonder what's in store for Black Friday as well.

7. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

I couldn't wait for Black Friday and pulled the trigger on the Shooter's Case. I've been eyeing one but they've been out of stock so not chancing it. ;) Luckily enough most of the accessories for it were on sale. Sometimes I like that companies post an "inventory" number but then again, those can be manipulated to make you think you should make the purchase. LOL

8. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

I am hoping the 32l kit bag goes on sale. :)

9. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I
    I think the best sale they've done was their moving sale where you can get a GR1 regular price but a Rucker goes with it free. Pretty sure some sold either of the bag to make-up a bit of the purchase but knowing most here are fanatics so they just kept the family growing.

10. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

Im aware this is wrong section and at the risk of sounding like a fan boy I really like their Simple Pants. Slimmer fit without being getting into skinny jeans territory. Slightly stretchy and super comfy.

At the sale price I think theyre def worth it....I dont think i have any other article of clothing thats made in the US.

11. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Looks like they have daily specials leading to Black Friday starting with the gym bags! Meanwhile, my GR1 wolf grey arrived yesterday and indeed its ":censored:" construction and shoulder straps stiff as hell, now I understand people mentioning "break-in". Also, I can feel the weight differrence compared with the Bullet 15. I have to remove the frame too as it feels overkill on my back. The top handle is really efficient when carrying brief case style as you can feel the weight being countered by the beefy handle.

12. YoungMedic

YoungMedic Loaded Pockets

wrap some bricks in duct tape and start walking miles with it, they will soften up in a few months

343KD likes this.
  13. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Or my back will break-in first before the straps do?! I'm loading this pack as much, kinda like my Christmas shopping pack now, the heavier it gets, the better feeling you have on the straps, if the pack is light, felt like the straps itself putting weight and rubbing my shoulders. I'm wondering now if the 21L is the right fit for me or could have been the Echo, but everytime I look at photos, seems like a kids pack. I'm only 5'6" small frame but I've seen some about my built and the GR1 looks right on their back. And now Goruck have coloured GR1s on the sale block and not the Echo!

14. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Haven't contributed to this forum in a while so here you go. Lol. To the left is the new Rucker 20L in MCAM. To the right is the GR1 21L in black.

Rucker is strictly a Rucking/Outdoors/Active Ruck. The GR1 is my daily work, weekend, kid, travel bag.

They compliment each other really well. I'm really surprised they made the Rucker in anything but Black. IMO, if you're looking to get into Rucking, the Rucker is it. I love the ruck plate integration, easy Velcro strap to secure the plate. The loop for the hydration bladder is great and sits high. The rest is basically GR1 features; top and bottom zippered pockets etc.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

My take on it is this. Variety is the spice of life. Some people like logos on bags, some people don't. The black GR1, according to Jason, will never have logos, so if you don't like them, buy that. Whereas some people do. Well, they too have bags with logos. Noting wrong with options.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  16. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    First day at the office!

NeWt, Alfin_lee, Badillac and 3 others like this.
  17. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

The logo on the Navy GR1 is not too bad since its black and sits well with the black webbing below it. Its the white logo that shines so bright in the black bag. I would feel better if it were navy blue or dark grey. I was even thinking putting a grey marker on that if I go ahed getting Black Ingress which is on sale now!

18. TacticoolMike

TacticoolMike Loaded Pockets

That grey looks good. Enjoy!

19. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've done that once using a grey sharpie on my previous north face backpack. It worked well!

20. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a 34L Wolf grey GR2, had to get something new to take the place of Covert 18 because my "big :censored: laptop" wont fit in it.... So GR2 it is..... should be here is a few days, and see how it goes will be getting a bit of airline miles on it over the Xmas weekend when I can sneak home for 3 days. Looking forward to it.

Southpaw and Macgirl like this.