1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

That is quite a discipline but I'm pretty sure Goruck will come up with a new line. The Ruckers are one thing but still pretty much consistent in appearance of the GR line. If I were to suggest its a pack with at least a side handle and side pocket. Anyways, what's the chance of them putting up another sale on Balck Friday, it appears the Vet Day is the best deal thus far!

2. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I picked up a navy Bullet over the weekend... last thing I need is another bag, but I figured why the heck not. Haha.

3. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't put my bag in a washing machine, personally.

I would spray it down with upholstery cleaner and brush it with a bristle brush, then hose it off and hang it to dry.

I bought the 21L last week via evil bay. I decided this morning to cut the tag off and give it a go. It is growing on me. Maybe it's just due to being new but the black fabric has a different feel to it, to me. Even more bomber than the Grey fabric on the gr2. It is a stout little bag to be sure and very under the radar. Being small and black it's the sort of bag you could bring into a business meeting as easily as any standard laptop bag, really. So I think I dig it. The size differential from the gr2 was just a bit of a shock initially.

4. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

The fabric on my black gr1 definitely felt stiffer than my grey gr1.

5. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

They actually have a video on how to clean their rucks. Just get a 5gal bucket and plunge the ruck in the water and scrub. Plunge and Scrub. Then hang dry. It takes a whole day to dry - I've done it a couple of times.

smokingfish and 343KD like this.
  6. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Wait a second, you got the 21L from ebay with a tag on it?, how much?, can't imagine someone dispose it that quick in mint condition!

7. Ken Watson

I didn't get a smokin deal or anything, I paid 260. It did indeed have the tags on and came in a goruck box. I'm happy overall. The 21s seem harder to get hold of overall.

Main thing I am missing from the gr2 is the built in field pocket. Needs some organization but I have some pockets I will try attaching to the inside molle.

8. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

Did anyone else catch the Multicam and black/silver (with arrowhead logo) Ruckers that just popped up on the site? They both look awesome, no indication of size, though. Was tempted by both until I remembered I already have four Ruckers (two in each size). Haha.

9. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Most Ruckers/GR1s that they're releasing these days are 21L.

10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I've checked the newer colours and the "ingress"(logo patch) versions and they are all 21L. I'm hesitant with the built-n patch as it would be adding clutter by the time you add the flag patch. Its neat though if you use it more on the field but I find the white stitching on the black bag too distinct, like a business issued bag!

11. yangofcalifornia

yangofcalifornia Loaded Pockets

I agree, the arrow logo on the cheaper bags like the Rucker or bullet makes me not want them. Glad mine won't have those as I think they will ruin the design of the original intent of the bag/company.

12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Their not only on the Ruckers but on the GR1s as well which you pay for the same price. Don't mind the logo on the navy blue as the colour sits and blends better on the black webbing. Also it looks more like a unit patch than the white logo which appears like a "caution" or "warning" sign, for what?. Jason could have made that discreet. Anyhows, would like to thank Goruck for chosing USPS this time for my bags shipment. Save me $10 from customs to cross the border up north, last time was UPS on my bullet 15. Should have known and that could have been 2 flag patches! I wonder what's in store for Black Friday.

13. timmay

timmay Loaded Pockets

First GoRuck GR1 26l. Am I doing this right?

[​IMG][​IMG]

NeWt and smokingfish like this.
  14. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

well i've washed my goruck gr1 in the washing machine multiple times, and I dry them on the floor with the fan pointing in it

15. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

When my packs get dirty, I fill up the kitchen sink with warm (borderline hot) water and give them a bath... turn them inside out and do it over again and hang to dry. Works like a charm. :)

16. yangofcalifornia

yangofcalifornia Loaded Pockets

I think you're thinking of the Ingress GR1's? Those have the Ingress emblem on them but those are specifically for people who want that. The founder recently wrote a blog post stating only the cheaper backpacks will include the arrow emblem on the bag and the GR1 and 2 will remain the same.

Last edited by yangofcalifornia, Nov 17, 2016
  17. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

The arrow emblem isn't for me, really not a fan of logos on bags and clothing. Really hope Goruck remembers the appeal of understated - would hate to see them lose that.

tigz likes this.
  18. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have experience with the reflective carry handles from AllDayRuck? Does the reflective material wear off easily?

19. Ken Watson

So, I used a vertx BAP adapter and a few other strips of one wrap woven into the internal molle to make a loop field for some of the hook backed BFG pouches I already own. I am feeling pretty pumped about the results (which in turn makes me feel like a bit of a nerd, but whatever! Lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I already mentioned in the previous post there are both for GR1 and Rucker "ingress" versions. You can check online yourself.
    During the Veterans Day sale, only the GR1 Ingress is 21l, the pure black is 26l.