1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by kelo11, Jul 16, 2016.

1. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

I did a search and didn't see a GORUCK specific bag thread. So I want to make this the official goruck thread, to post pics of your GORUCK gear, questions about new gear, mods, add-ons and any other GORUCK specific questions.

Let's see em!

My GORUCK Rucker in grey/silver. Have a few mods and add ons planned. Will post once complete.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

So I picked up the Rucker knowing it wouldn't have the interior Molle the GR1 had, but I really like the two tone of the Rucker and with the $175 cheaper price tag for an almost identical bag, it was a no brainer. So I purchased a 5.11 covert small molle panel insert for $20. Fits perfectly. Secure it on the hydration bladder tab, and can leave it hanging out to show all the Molle, or tuck it into the ruck plate pocket and it sits perfectly in there. Gives me more options to organize. Next is to add hook Velcro to the back of the panel to secure it more snugly against the loop Velcro on the ruck pocket. Also bought an NC star admin pocket in urban grey to use as a IFAK. Was going to put it on the outside but the color is not exact so I'll probably just keep it inside on the Molle panel.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

NeWt, Rainy, Captain Adobo and 9 others like this.
  3. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

No other GORUCK owners? Come on I know there are...

4. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Well... I just use my old army day pack. Sorry.

You know what? I don't...

5. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I bought my son a Kid Ruck in hopes that he wouldn't be able to destroy it. I will see how it holds up once school starts.

NeWt likes this.
  6. Brit1664

Brit1664 Loaded Pockets

I'll put up pictures of my 3 tomorrow. I have a GR1 for work, GR2 for plane trips and 10l bullet for running with.

7. dar

dar Loaded Pockets

I've got an Echo, and as of about 3 hours ago, I ordered a Rucker as part of their X-Mas in July special. Now I just have to wait for delivery...

I like your mod to get the 5.11 molle insert, but it seems a little bigger than I'd like. Anyone know where I could find something similar, but not quite as big?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. edwinl

edwinl Loaded Pockets

Strangely enough, I got the 5.11 Molle insert for my Bullet 15 and I have a rucker otw from the X'mas in July deal.

Pretty big fan, I've got:

1 SD15 in black, 1 SD20 in Multicam and 1 SD25 in Black
    1 Bullet 10 in black, 2 x bullet 15 in wolf grey and 1 x black
    1 32l kit bag
    1 20l gym bag in black and 1 in ranger green
    1 38l gym bag
    1 GR1 21l
    1 GR3 34l
    1 Rucker in black and blue
    1 OG Brick Bag
    Random pockets

kelo11 likes this.
  9. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Another Goruck fan here - as I tend to have my own organisational system (Maxpeds mostly) I don't mind the lack of organisation in them.

At the minute I've got:

10l black bullet
    20l grey/silver rucker
    21l ranger green GR0
    34L wolf grey

Over the past few years I've bought and sold:
    2 x black GR0
    1 black echo
    something else that I can't remember

Eyeing up a third black GR0 - I kept selling them off to buy other things but there's something about good ol' black I keep wanting back - and a 15l bullet. Both of which I obviously need ;)

kelo11 likes this.
  10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Xmas in July is the best thing to kick off your Goruck collection; a GR1 could net you a free Rucker(green molle only, but the Rucker blue in itself are at its best price. I'm aiming though for just a discounted GR1 as my location up North could get me hefty shipping and duties!

CBisch likes this.
  11. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

holding out 'til next Monday to see what's on sale for week 4 - don't expect it'll be any of the new in stuff but who knows. I figure *maybe* the bullet..

kelo11 likes this.
  12. Silverj53

Silverj53 Loaded Pockets

I love my GR1, I had used a Rush 24 for a couple of years, but this is much sleeker and more friendly to carry![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

kelo11 likes this.
  13. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

Yea I wish I had waited, but I saw the grey/silver 25L Rucker up for $124 plus I had my event discount, so I really only would've saved like $5 on a black/green or black/blue rucker, and I like the grey/silver better.

14. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

I've got my eyes on a gym bag and 15L bullet next. I was hoping to buy once cry once, and have my "do it all" bag in the rucker (edc, train, hike, bike) but seems like none of them are great at it all, they are capable in each, but still have their "niche".

Will probably end up using the Rucker for edc and rucking (or eventually sell and put towards a GR1), Bullet for light hiking and biking, and the gym bag for the gym (duh) or light travel.

15. dar

dar Loaded Pockets

Since I have an Echo, and a buddy has the 26L GR1, that helped me decide on the Rucker. Since I have laptop sleeve, I didn't really need the extra laptop protection side of the GR1, so the decision was pretty much all black, or black and blue... And the internal molle wasn't a deal breaker. Wasn't willing to pay nearly $200 more just to get it all black, since I also like the overall look of the Rucker anyway.

But... If they come back out with a 10L bullet in solid black, I will be very tempted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I started off just buying the weird colored GoRucks (The American GR1 and the grey with silver and grey with red Ruckers) but the Rucker sale had me buying two 20L black ones (one blue and one green webbing). The smaller ones definitely need to be broken in more than the larger ones do.

17. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

I'll post some pictures of my set up. Glad to finally see a goruck bag thread!

kelo11 likes this.
  18. kelo11

kelo11 Loaded Pockets

I was honestly surprised there wasn't one, glad people wanted to see it!

19. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

I think a couple years ago there was a thread that got a little out of hand so it was ended but not 100% sure. I'm really glad to see one back though I just got my GR1 and am still playing with how I want to set mine up.

Bedlam likes this.
  20. nikit808

nikit808 Empty Pockets

Seems like it, but figure I'd ask anyway: will the previous weeks specials still be available until the end of July? Looking to get my first Goruck pack. Really liking the blue Rucker and the sale price is pretty good, but wondering if I should wait until next week to see what the special is gonna be.