1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Goruck Bullet Rucks - 10 or 15?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by 62Tele, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Sparty92

Sparty92 Empty Pockets

I bought the GR0 Rucking kit at $245 for the "Xmas in July Sale." Not sure where you got it for $210. :) The bag alone was $199 marked down from $265(!) and the included rucking kit is on sale for $97 (From $121), but included in the "kit" it drops that price to like, $45! That makes the GR0 kit really the best value of all the other "deals" in my opinion.

The only "bummer" is that the shipping label that GORUCK printed has my name chopped off, but contains the company name/address. I'll have to find the mail room guys and hope to intercept the mysterious box before it goes amiss. :(

My intended purpose (as I may have stated) is for a new EDC bag. While the GR1 may "fit" me better at 6'2", I don't need (want?) all that space for daily carry. The dimensions of the GR0 are only slightly smaller, and the bag is MUCH cheaper, so I went that route. Hoping it works out!

EDIT: It looks like the GR Echo Rucking Kit is $210. That's a $52 savings over full price. The GR0 kit is normally $386, and priced at $245, a savings of $141...that's a huge deal! :)

Last edited by Sparty92, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Did the same :) let us know how you like it. I think the $210 pertained to the Echo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparty92 likes this.
  3. aflax

aflax Loaded Pockets

Anyone put any pouches/pockets on the front of their 15l bullet?

4. jukrui

jukrui Loaded Pockets

By Bullet 10 with 32L Kit Bag.
    [​IMG]

bigfoot likes this.
  5. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

^^ Nice setup. ^^ Same one here. :cool:

Tempted by the new 34L GR2, but probably would wind up over-stuffing it with too much EDC.

6. jogo21

jogo21 Loaded Pockets

Noticed bullet 15 was marked down. Had to order one after reading through this thread a couple times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Did you use "Ruckyeah" promo code to get free shipping?

8. jukrui

jukrui Loaded Pockets

The Bullet 10 is a nice size for quick outings.

I am still on the fence about the 34L, maybe...probably...soon...

bigfoot likes this.
  9. croll326

croll326 Loaded Pockets

Just bought a G2 34L, 32L kit, and a 15L bullet. Waiting for them to arrive. FedEx lost my G2 but goruck is sending another. I'll share opinion when I can.

bigfoot likes this.
  10. FlyersFanJV

FlyersFanJV Loaded Pockets

Just got my Bullet 15L this morning from Southpaw, great bag! Working on swapping my edc over from my GR1 to the 15L to see if it'll work for me, so far it's looking promising! I think it's the 500D, makes it much lighter to carry than the GR1, I'm liking it so far!

bigfoot likes this.
  11. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sweet!

12. jogo21

jogo21 Loaded Pockets

Ruckno wish I would've known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ruckdontworry the code wouldn't freaking work

14. NIB

NIB Loaded Pockets

Actually it did work. You had to input the code after you've entered your shipping info and shipping preference. Even though it kept saying the code was invalid, it did reflect in the final pricing.

15. Sparty92

Sparty92 Empty Pockets

Ok. Time for my review of the GR0 (since I commented in here before about it). Much of what I'm about to say has been said before, but, oh well. :)

The bag is very well constructed. I went over ever inch with a flashlight to inspect, and it's all pretty much perfect. Even though I'm 6'2", I wanted a smaller bag for EDC, and I felt the GR1 would just be too big. The GR0 fits my back perfectly! I like how slick it is, in that there are no pockets on the side (where I usually carried a water bottle in my Kelty MAP3500). Those pockets on the side would just seem to bonk into everything and make things feel clumsy. The bag is a bit stiff due to the 1000D Cordura construction, but it seems to be forming nicely to my shoulders. I did a short ruck today, and just walked 2 miles with 20 lbs of weights in the back. I just lost 20lbs. of weight recently and thought I'd add it back on for the walk just to add resistance. It's kinda heavy! LOL. When any bag manufacturer says they have "grooves in the back panel to aid in air ventilation," that's all pretty much :censored:. If you're wearing a pack snug to your body (like you should?), you won't get any air back there at all. You'd have to loosen the straps and let it dangle to get any ventilation. I think the only venting option is if you had a framed pack like an ALICE pack, where the pack is off your body completely. I have not really sweated while wearing this bag, but I know it would get hot after awhile. Deal with this as you wish.

I bought this as the "Rucking Kit" during the Xmas in July sale. Such a huge deal on that, couldn't pass it up. Very glad I bought it. It has everything you'd need accessory-wise to complete your EDC bag, save for admin pouches, etc. The sternum strap, water bladder, biner, etc....really nice kit. They forgot to add my MOLLE adapter straps for lashing stuff down to the bag, but I've contacted them about that. Waiting...
    Speaking of sternum straps and such: It's REALLY tough (I thought) to install those clips into the MOLLE webbing. It took a lot of hand strength to maneuver them into the webbing. Once in place, they are NOT GOING ANYWHERE. A tad easier to remove, as I found out due to my MOLLE loop selection/placement of the sternum strap. Doh!

I think if you're looking for a sleek little urban bag with good capacity and great fit, you can't go wrong with the GR0. I'm glad I chose this over the GRB15 for the extra 5L of space, but also for the identical construction to the GR1. That grab handle is stout! Not so much on the Bullet series.

I've waited a couple years to pull the trigger on a GORUCK bag. I feel the GR0 kit I got was worth the wait, and the price.

Captain Adobo, bigfoot and Southpaw like this.
  16. DGGoingUphill

DGGoingUphill Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Bullet 10 to satiate curiosity, even though I have the TOPO Trip Bag. Both are great bags, but the GR is more comfortable and a little smarter in the layout. I'm a convert. I'll post a comparison sometime soon.

17. syne'

syne' Loaded Pockets

I've had my goruck bullet 15 for about 4months now, and I gotta say it's one of the best edc bags I've had. It's a great size for EDC

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

18. syne'

syne' Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

19. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Nice
    Upgrade on the pulls! Nice touch; the bag is indeed big bang on the buck and so far my office EDC for the past week. The size is just easy to handle and maneuver around and the beefy straps strikes a good balance on your load. The zippers glide easily and very convenient when grabbing things from either side of the bag.if there's two things I want more as an upgrade, I'd like the back compartment to be full zip down as well and side handles to boot! Nonetheless, best value bag form Goruck!

syne' likes this.
  20. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Bullet 15 loadout: top-jacket sleeve, below centre-lunch bag, right-water bottle(24oz), left- coffee bottle, bottom( not picture) rolled folding backpack, further back- paperwork plastic folders. Back compartment - another light casual jacket!
    [​IMG]