1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GORUCK Boot Shoes

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by ArkansasFan30, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I bought another GORUCK GR1 with a promotion for a "free" pair of their new boots. I wear a 11.5 EE, and EE or wider wasn't an option. They were free so I took what I could get, 11.5. Additionally, I chose the pre-production option of the brown, rough cut boots.

They just arrived so I put them on, and the right boot in particular is certainly snug, but they're not wides so that's to be expected. However, they're not as snug as I thought they'd be, and I just came home from taking the kiddo out to Krispy Kreme and a children's science museum so my feet are hot and a bit swollen I'm sure.

The instep is tighter than I'd like in a shoe I paid for, and the insole has an arch support that almost makes the heel area feel like it's up on a second story inside the shoe. The soles seem to have been made for activity, i.e. working out or rucking, more so than field wear, but I've found over the years most of the time in the field we don't really "need" boots much less boots with aggressive lugs.

Having said all that, I took a stroll around the house for a few minutes with the same Darn Tough socks I was already wearing. I can tell you, my right foot feels very hot and constricted.

And here's me in the sitting room in front of the show tree lol. I'm not sure what application I have for these. I did GORUCK Constellation but don't plan on ever doing another ruck event. I have no idea if these will stretch or conform so I'm debating keeping them or eBay.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

My experience is that if they aren't (reasonably) comfortable out of the box, they'll never be comfortable. Stop wearing them and put them up for sale.

3. ArkansasFan30

I put them on eBay yesterday. I wore them for about three minutes.

4. Kevin Plumlee

Kevin Plumlee Empty Pockets

Kinda a shame, but at least they were free..

WPS!! Bentonville here..

5. ArkansasFan30

Same here.

Kevin Plumlee likes this.