1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Goruck 26l GR2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by lodi781, Oct 23, 2018.

1. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

You read that right, just got an email from them that they now make the GR2 in 40l, 34l and 26l. I have the 40 for travel and it is perfect for that, but way to huge for everyday. I was thinking about the 34 for idc but it just seemed to big. Now that the 26L is out, I'm really thinking about picking on up. The $495 price tag isn't easy to swallow though....

2. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Whaaaaaaaaaa????

3. Bobby Leang

$495 is ridiculous for something that small.

Flexxx and Jay-uk like this.
  4. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Is it $100 better than the GR1 with 26L? Or does it make sense to have both 26L packs in the portfolio with such a price difference?

5. Bobby Leang

I’m a goruck fanboy; but I don’t think they should be priced the same like that - it’s like a Tax for being smaller.

6. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I feel as though the GoRuck price hike is due to their really generous discount program... the new discounted price is the target retail price.

This being said, the cost to produce an item is generally labor. The extra material it takes to make a 40L vs a 26L doesn't add all that much to the cost of the item (unless for some reason you can only fit one pack on the width of the roll of fabric and there is more waste), but if the pattern is the same, just smaller, it will require equal time and labor to cut and sew.

7. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

26L $495 backpack = deal of the century. I bet they are probably still losing money on each one of those. They should be charging $795 for one of those bad boys. Quality ain't cheap!

Chiles and THX2008 like this.
  8. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

What is thier discount? military only?

9. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

"OUR 25% OFF EARNED SERVICE DISCOUNT

We respect, honor, and are grateful to all who serve. Active Duty Military, Retirees, Veterans, and Military Spouses, as well as First Responders, Government Employees, Teachers and Students - verify with ID.me at checkout for 25% OFF."

glad i got a deal on my GR2 34L during the Christmas in July sale before the price hikes.

lodi781 likes this.
  10. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I just wanted MOLLE webbing of some sort on the bottom of my 26L GR1. After they had their custom shop, I emailed asking if I could send mine in for that addition. Nope.

I always thought that bag was too big for what I needed and too small for what I wanted, lol. I sold it on eBay for my purchase price! Two weeks later the rates all go up.

Although I like the bags (rucks) and may buy one again in the future if the prices are right I've lost interest in the company and products.

I have a Bullet 10L with a spear point stitched to the bag. When I bought it I'm certain that wasn't pictured like that. They've since changed the stitching. I used to use it for EDC. Now it's just my vehicle-based crisis bag. The latest iteration has much nicer grab handles as well...

11. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

I have a gr1 and I just like the two compartment set up of the gr2 or other bags. I need to put the gr1 on eBay.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I sure will not be considering these bags any more.

I like my big GR2 mostly but find it tougher to operate and harder to stuff than other bags in the same size range that do not cost this much too.

Mine will be sold soon too I imagine.

13. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

I have two GR2s, and one GR1. I MUCH prefer the GR1 configuration over the two compartment GR2. I wish they made a 34L GR1, because that would cover pretty much all of my bases and I could unload the GR2s without much second thought. I like the GR2s a lot, but I like the GR1 /THAT/ much more.

The GR3 is gigantic, definitely too much of a good thing for me.

14. ArkansasFan30

What would be a good substitute for a GR1, something as well constructed but perhaps more ergonomic (better back, ventilation, etc)?

This may merit its own thread.

15. ArkansasFan30

The GR3 is luggage. It may as well have a frame and wheels.

16. onebadwagon

I'm tall, travel constantly, and am a big fan of the configuration of Goruck bags. It would seem that I'm the perfect candidate for that bag to work for, but even then, I'd still prefer a "euro carry-on" sized GR1/GR3 type bag.

17. onebadwagon

IMO, There is nothing that's as good as the Goruck bags are at what the Goruck bags are good at. The bomber construction, great comfort, killer pack straps, laptop compartment, unobtrusive yet functional organization and cavernous main compartment on the GR1 are just far and away better than most of its contemporaries for me/my purposes. Although I certainly understand that needs and opinions vary.

Every time someone posts a "GR1 killer", it's a completely different bag lacking many of the features/execution that the Goruck packs have, having some of its own, and besides being a backpack, a fairly apples/oranges comparison.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  18. YoungMedic

YoungMedic Loaded Pockets

Says they offer bottom molle / handles now

https://www.goruck.com/scars-lifetime-guarantee/?fbclid=IwAR1Nu2pSNlRQ5ZHHNbOQurijw0jNNuqg21K3xQ13hCo_7fwqODqztzGeK0s

19. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

I know it's in the eye of the beholder, and the bag checks a lot of boxes for a lot of people, but it is $175-200 overpriced IMHO.

echo victor, Flexxx and konipre like this.
  20. lodi781

lodi781 Loaded Pockets

With the discount it fell within my acceptable price range. Especially having a gr2 40l that I've owned 4 years and looks like the day I bought it. I'll give a review when it arrives