1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Good Women's Watch?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by jag-engr, Nov 22, 2010.

1. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I'm hoping that some of our watch officianados can help me pick out a watch for my wife for our upcoming anniversary.

What I'm looking for:
    • Analog
    • Something dressy: metal band, and fairly small - she doesn't want a dive watch or a sports watch
    • Silver-colored or two-tone: her wedding band is white gold and she want the watch to match it. Some gold highlights are fine, but predominantly sivler
    • Band with links: no chains or tiny, complicated links that can snag
    • Around $100 max: We're planning for an upcoming trip and we're trying to keep anniversary gifts down

Edit to Add: My wife is a huge fan of the ART DECO style, but I doubt she wants to mess with a winding watch. does anyone know of a modern quartz watch done in the classic Art Deco style?

I would appreciate any advice that any of you can give - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to watches.

2. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

Citizen and Seiko. You can't go wrong with either. Most places you look will have some of their cheaper models for you for around $100, and I think all of their models are analog. I'm yet to see fully digital watches by either brand. My store is also a certified dealer of both brands, so if you interested in ordering through us, you can let me know.

3. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I think the Seikos will fit her preferences best. I beleive they have a pretty good reputation for durability, as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

5. kimsalls

kimsalls Loaded Pockets

I think Seiko will be the way to go also. I have found that it is nice to have 100M water resistence if possible.