1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Good Place to Order 550 at a Good Price?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Lock1454, Feb 13, 2009.

1. supasizefries

supasizefries Loaded Pockets

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

$4.99 was not a bad price on feb 5. It is still back ordered.

3. ADK031

ADK031 Loaded Pockets

Definitely Supply Captain. You can also find him on Ebay, great prices and the shipping is priced as it should be.

4. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

I use R&W Rope Warehouse they are local to me in MA and they have everything from from waxed thread to 8 inch barge tow rope
    huge selection of parachute cord. if you just want a mix of colors they have grab bags of left over runs 500ft for 15 bucks.
    link

5. choubbi

choubbi Loaded Pockets

I bought 100ft of white paracord from them, it wasn't the regular paracord with its 7 strands, maybe it was 450 paracord, I don't know, but it clearly wasn't mil-spec 550 paracord. :evil:

6. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

just a note, my Feb 5, order of 550 paracord is Still back ordered. my Tactical Gear Pocket Pouch is in--wish I had it now.

7. Thriolith

Thriolith Loaded Pockets

+1 for Supply Captain as well. Good price + shipping, good product as well.

I bought 100 ft of Tru-Spec Coyote from them a few months ago. While the stuff I received had 7 strands, unlike the stuff choubbi received, the outer sheath was of rather poor quality. The sheath is fuzzier and less smooth than other paracords.

8. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I've bought paracord from more places than I can recall over the last few years, but Supply Captain(emmado22 on ebay) has been the online source I've used the most with consistent quality and fair prices. I've bought good U.S. made 550 cord in black, olive drab, green, and tan at the local Army/Navy when I've stopped by, and my dad has occasionally given me some of the Brigade Quartermasters 550 cord when he's gone by the PX at Ft. Gillem and Ft. McPherson.

storl has some new paracord with 8 inner strands at GoingGear.com, and if you like to keep the inner strands intact for paracord projects or just have the added strength/utility of an extra core strand for your spare cord, it sounds like a it's worth a try.

9. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

lighthound if you want specific lengths instead of buying 100' hunks like countycomm offers.

10. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

Check out goinggear.com They have some 8 strand "550" cord and also the 7 strand. Supposedly the 8 strand is rated at 550 but the lab tests showed a higher breaking strength. I've not ordered any cord from them but goinggear.com is great to deal with. I will probably try the 8 strand just to be different, as if carrying any type of parachute cord with you regularly wasn't different enough. :)

11. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

Good information.

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread and the vendor's recommendations from other fellow members. ;D

With Aloha,

Clarence

12. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Plus Lighthound has many different colors to choose from, GITD paracord too! If they don't have your favorite color in stock its probably not made yet or they haven't gotten it in stock.

13. 1*

1* Empty Pockets

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/ They have decent prices, multiple colors, and lengths to choose from. In non 550 cord, I believe 450 para cord they have some cool colors.

14. ih8dos

ih8dos Empty Pockets

Rotokid has a wide selection of paracord in different colors, as well as lanyard hardware.

15. thag

thag Loaded Pockets

I've had good results with CountyComm they have a lot of other cool stuff. Navigation is a bit weird though.

CountyComm

16. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

There or County comm seems to be the place.

17. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Lighthound.com!!!

Great shipping services, you can buy paracord by the foot and they have a decent amount of colors to choose from.

Not the largest variety but should have the same if not more than county comm.

18. whitefeather010

whitefeather010 Loaded Pockets

I've always bought my 550 7 strand from cheaperthandirt.com
    I get it in 1000 ft spools for $40.00
    I really don't think you'll find a cheaper place
    It's the same stuff I used in the Army, except they have it in different colors.

19. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

I do too.. Although, I've recently come across some threads on various other forums explaining their misleading prices and other tactics. I'm debating whether or not I should continue to buy from them.

It is nice though, I live 5min from their Ft Worth store and I can walk in and buy 100ft of paracord for about $6.25

20. whitefeather010

whitefeather010 Loaded Pockets

I hate to hear that, can you send me some links so I can research it? I've always liked them.