1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Good Ink for Cheap Paper

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mwoj, Nov 20, 2013.

1. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Lamy Safari for most of the year, but at school we sometimes use really cheap paper. It's so bad that I have to switch pens or else it bleeds through really bad and my writing gets so bad that I can't even make an o without the feathering filling it in. What are some good inks that will work on bad paper that won't break the bank? Also, I just recently lost my Safari on the bus, so will a different sized nib help this issue? Thanks.

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

Nathan Tardiff of Noodler's Ink makes ``X Feather'' which is designed not to feather. I have his Gallileo Manuscript Brown and it's amazing. Pricey, but a 3 oz. bottle lasts a long while.

Higgins Fountain Pen India (not real India ink --- named for the colour and safe for fountain pens if you rinse the pen out at each refill --- I've used it for over a decade in two pens) feathers the least of any inexpensive ink I've tried.

A finer nib w/ slower/dryer flow will help a little.

3. ecksdog

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

Basic Noodlers Black works well on cheap paper. An XF nib should help.

4. jdcovington1122

jdcovington1122 Loaded Pockets

+1 on the noodlers black, and the lamy blue ink also worked well if i remember correctly. And sorry to hear about the lost pen man.
    JDC

5. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone. I actually ended up on finding the pen, and I think I might go with the noodlers black, it seems to be pretty popular.