1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Going to Disney?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by MrEarp, Jul 26, 2016.

1. merwin

merwin Empty Pockets

Yep. I had a little bladeless multi-tool (Style-PS) that was TSA approved which the Disney rent-a-cop forbid. I tried to explain and was told "we're not TSA" She saw a scary object and didn't care to know more.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Now, THAT is what I call a 'Mickey Mouse' reaction... ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

garza likes this.
  3. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Doesn’t surprise me. If it is perceived as scary or bad, then it must be prohibited.

4. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I landed on the East side of Disneyland a few years ago. Threw our stuff in the hotel in the evening and headed through Disney entrance to the Lego store to the West of the parks. After cleaning out the store, I was stopped by a female security officer upon entering from the West side. She spotted the pocket clip of my Freestyle. I had completely forgot to remove it at the hotel. She said I would not be able to enter the park. I explained that I had come through once and was just headed back to our hotel. After going back and forth a little, she let me go. Maybe following me, I didn't look back. That was before they installed the metal detectors. The only thing I've been stopped for since, are the Nite Ize glow sticks. The security officer did not know what they were.

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

All of this makes me just SO GLAD that I have no desire to visit any Disney parks...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

PragmaticMurphyist and garza like this.
  6. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

Had a Style PS confiscated last year. Went this year for my daughter's fifth birthday, got through with a Slip n Snip. EDC notwithstanding, I didn't personally care for either trip. Both children over tired, the Cars ride breaking down this year the Halloween thing, too many grandparents, the cost. So many factors. Finally got the wife to say that that's enough Disney for a while. Maybe in a few years; been too often recently .

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

We have never been to a Disney amusement park. We have been to LEGO Land amusement parks in Carlsbad, Winter Haven, Gunzburgh, Billund and Windsor. We never made it to 3 parks in Asia. Carlsbad was our favorite with the Pacific Ocean just down the road. Now we are past that stage.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I've never stayed at the resort before, but have an annual pass for the anehiem park.

While I cant add any advice for plane travel as I've been on 2 planes in the last decade.

Disney allows you to bring in your own food and water.
    We buy a large water bottle from any store, and fill them at various places as we go along.

I dont bring any of my edc gear, as they obviously do checks before getting in.

Flashlights are ok, but are not needed.

Also, if you require liqour that isnt marked up 500%, you can bring liqour in discrete bottle of your choice and they cant open your bottle. We bring tequila in a clear water bottle or sometimes whiskey mixed with tea...

garza and Moshe ben David like this.
  9. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Lipton tea bottles are my favorite for mix and carry into places which allow non alcoholic drinks.

#109 garza, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    smokingfish likes this.