1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Going to Disney?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by MrEarp, Jul 26, 2016.

1. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I have traveled with two cellphones on more than a 100 trips since we have had a side business for years. A few trips I have traveled with two laptops (demo unit for a presentation). I was asked why I had 2 cell phones on one trip at DFW airport. Sure it was a one time question but you never know the real purpose of the question when the TSA agent who looked early 20's used the word "suspicious".

You should always be prepared from the unexpected from a TSA agent.

2. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Because I forgot my third one.

I left my other two in the taxi.

I want to be a phone model.

I use one to call myself in the other.

Seriously, you blanktarded TSA twerps. Who the heck cares? I wouldn't give a crap if they were letting ARs and Rambo knives on air planes. I'd still fly.

garza likes this.
  3. MrEarp

MrEarp Loaded Pockets

Thank You everyone! 24 hours and we are on a jet plane! My search foo was bad and I didn't find the other thread. I wonder if we could just combine the 2 as lots of good info in both.

the 5.11 bag I'm carrrying is pretty gray, as its just a boring looking bag I actually bought it specifically for that reason. http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-18-backpack.html

garza and PragmaticMurphyist like this.
  4. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Have a great time!

5. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

Good choice with the COVRT. Have and eat a few Dole Whips for me!

6. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

You need a hat. You must bring a hat. Hat hat hat hat.

7. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

Well they do random metal detector checks now so if you are legally carrying a gun Disney will just ban yo for life if caught while others go straight to jail. The wife and I are year around pass holders in Orlando for many years so I pity you tourists that have to carry all that stuff around all day. We just drop in for a few hours and head home. But we sure appreciate you spending your money here.

Gary Gross likes this.
  8. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Good! It's sad that some folks feel that they can't possible go somewhere without carrying object X, and would risk legal ramifications for an extremely, extremely low risk event.

I remember a thread where someone was bellyaching about not being about to bring a multi-tool into a private market or something or other, and was all up in arms, calling for a boycott. If you can't go a couple of hours without that sort of object, then maybe you have bigger worries.

0dBm and UmbertoTortallini like this.
  9. TRUE LIBERTY

I still bring in a Swiss army pocket knife. With that they will just have me go back to the car. But they have missed it every time it's been in my bag and the one tim I got picked for the metal detector. Call me paranoid but I want to be able to cut myself out of the straps on some of the rides if the power ever goes out.

UmbertoTortallini likes this.
  10. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

I can understand that. Plus, you could always bring a mini seatbelt cutter (ResQme) and possibly avoid the extra scrutiny.

Now what do you carry to handle the attractions with the automatic lap bars? ;)

11. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

The last few times I went to parks, namely Disney, Legoland, and Great Wolf Lodge, all in SoCal, I only brought a 58mm SAK, stuffed in my pocket. There were no walk through metal detectors, just a bag check. The only thing it was used for was cutting some tags off purchases, and opening some snack packs. I just don't want to risk a larger knife, and it did just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David likes this.
  12. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

It's been a long time since I've been to WDW. Every time my husband and I talk about it and I read up on it, I become overwhelmed by the sheer choices of everything (and that doesn't happen with other things) but it's just too much. Whoof.

I've heard two good things are body glide (anti-chaffing stick) and moleskin for any blisters on your feet.

13. trfkcop

trfkcop Loaded Pockets

I grew up in Florida, and have been numerous times. I now live in Tennessee, and we went back 2 years ago. As mentioned, stay in a Disney resort, and take full advantage of their transportation! This alone was a vacation for me. Even though we drove down and had a car, I didn't have to deal with the stress of traffic and parking etc. At the end of the day, I could rest on the bus. I carried a multitool and pocket knife, and was never questioned.

14. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Loaded Pockets

I carry my SAK Explorer and a flashlight. I carry those everywhere and have never had a problem in Disneyland.

I don't know why anyone would feel the need to carry a gun. There is so much security there that anything would be stopped before it had a chance to start. Have any of you seen the movie "Exit Through the Gift Shop"? It's a documentary about the graffiti artist Banksy and a videographer making a film about him. They go to Disneyland and Banksy steps over a fence to place a piece of art. Before long the videographer is detained.

Chad

Holliday likes this.
  15. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

So you think a retired plumber or high school kid security guard making $9 an hour is going to stop an active killer? I'm aware there are off duty officers working on property. I'm also aware that WDW property is +/- 40 square miles.

Listen, I understand Disney is the happiest place on earth, but it's far from the safest. People shoot at the White House, attack armed Police Officers, crash planes into buildings and bomb others. It's not a stretch to think this place is on some whack job's target list.

All I'm saying is, I hope there is a significant ARMED security presence that is not seen. Maybe plain clothes or in the Utilidors.

16. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Why not? Statistically they have the same odds as any other random civilian with or without a CCW/CHL.

They have an anti-terrorism team.

TRUE LIBERTY likes this.
  17. TRUE LIBERTY

And the surveillance people who watch over the parks are highly trained.

18. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

I have never carried a gun at WDW, but entertainment venues and other environments with security, including having armed police present in Beslan, Columbune and Orlando, do not prevent massive loss of life. Equating surveillance with adequate response is foolhardy.

Bataclan. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34827497

Beslan. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

19. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

Sorry everyone. I didn't mean to turn this into a debate about firearms. It is a topic a feel I'm well versed in and am passionate about. Also, I enjoy intelligent discussion in the topic, which is something I rarely find as people want to argue and be emotional, not talk.

The reality is there are no weapons allowed in the park. I've heard stories about people carrying and while I understand why, be prepared to be banned for life and maybe charged criminally. I carry everywhere and I didn't while I was there. I did carry a well concealed knife and a trauma IFAK and felt naked the whole time.

I really hope they have some kind of ARMED response team. My comment about the security is simply that they cannot even attempt to stop an active killer and I don't expect them to. A trained and armed responder confronting these scum bags has proven on numerous occasions to stop the offender (usually by suicide). As we know, almost all mass shootings have occurred where guns are not allowed.

20. TRUE LIBERTY

I agree. I don't carry in the parks you have to pay for but I do carry at Disney Springs what used to be called downtown Disney.

Djs105 likes this.