1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glow in the dark beads or similar?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by madkins007, Dec 31, 2016.

1. madkins007

madkins007 Loaded Pockets

Anyone had any luck with a good looking, fairly low cost, bead with glow in the dark elements? I want to use several of them on things I want to find in very low light (key chains, flashlights, etc.) and cannot afford tritium and have had horrible luck with craft-quality beads.

About all I can find here or on similar sites are the skulls with glow in the dark eyes. I'd prefer more of a cool barrel bead, but if this is all there is, I guess it will work.

2. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

What do you mean by fairly low cost? That is a different amount to different people. A price range would be helpful. @TECENG produces some good stuff. Their new Embrite is glow in the dark for up to 12 hours. An aluminum TEC-A3 is just under twenty bucks and that's loaded with the embrite pellet. Granted it's not a bead (can't thread through it) but more of a fob.

If you're after utility and not aesthetics, buy a couple embrite pellets, snip them in half and find some optically clear tubes to mount them in. Small keyring loop should hold them in.

TECENG likes this.
  3. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

We would love to manufacture some Embrite beads, we're just not there yet with the fabrication of certain shapes... but working on it.

4. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Have you looked on Etsy? I found a GITD lanyard there, I am sure you would find GITD beads, if you looked.