1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gloves

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by CaptCarrot, Nov 6, 2010.

1. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

I've got a pair of Mechanix gloves and a similar style called Firm Grip from Home Depot. They are more tactile than regular winter gloves but I agree they won't keep your fingers as warm.

Another slimline option to consider is glove liners. I just picked up a pair of North Face glove liners from Sportchek but now can't find the same style on the North Face website. The closest I found is these North Face ETIP "Softshell" type glove: http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=162315&storeId=207&catalogId=10201&langId=-1&from=&parent_category_rn=&cm_vc=Search&variationId=001

They've got rubber texture on the palms and fingers for improved grip. I've seen similar offerings from Under Armour, Columbia and some other brands.

2. Alex F

Alex F Empty Pockets

A couple of years ago during the summer I tried to order some regular US issue nomex flight gloves, and ended up with insulated ones (they're identical to normal flight gloves except for a light lining of insulation).

Obviously these didn't work for my summer needs but they've been fantastic for winter gloves. I haven't been able to find the exact gloves since then, though.

3. SCUBASTEVE

SCUBASTEVE Loaded Pockets

I was over at Lowe's the other day and saw that Mechanix makes a cold weather glove now....probably not good for sub zero temps, but great as an active glove. I've had several gloves and can't seem to get it right....I may get these soon. The UA gloves look sweet too. I CAN say that the Seirus gloves fall apart in a day....so stay away from those.