1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glove Box PDW

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by steviesterno, May 9, 2019.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a way to pack a lot of fire power into a small space. I have tried the 14" 12 gauge firearms, SBRs, AR pistols, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc. Something that works for travel, maybe EDC, stashing in a small space or carrying without it being major drama. Something that packs like a pistol but reaches like a rifle. I've tried Kel Tec folding rifles, have Law folders on ARs, and haven't found anything that worked like I wanted.

Well, I think I found it! Picked up a FLUX brace and their flash mag. I didn't own a Glock that worked with this, but I rectified that today. Three minutes into the set up process and I was done. Not a build exactly, because everything went together quickly. But I'm very happy with it none the less. The brace is a spring loaded pistol brace. It's not designed as a stock, it's not sold as a stock. When it's pushed in the Glock still fits in it's original clam shell case. When it's extended (with an easy button deployed by your trigger finger) it brings the brace much further out to hook into your elbow, cheek, or shoulder. All the pictures made it look like it would be too short of a length of pull, but it's about the same to an AR at the shortest setting. The rear of the brace won't allow your face to get in the way of the slide cycling, something I was worried about.

The Flashmag is a flashlight and magazine holder. It takes an Olight rechargeable flashlight that slides in and provides 1000 lumens. You can charge it without taking it apart, which is pretty neat. You can also store a spare mag. This is friction fit with no levers to depress, and allows a reload on board. It's also not a vertical grip, but does allow your support hand to grip the mag while firing. This puts your support hand in about where it would be with a magwell grip on an AR.

I haven't taken it to the range yet, that's my goal for tomorrow. I'll update then. I'm already thinking about adding a red dot, and a threaded barrel for when my can comes in. As it sits, the package is very sturdy, and getting a cheek, shoulder, and/or second hand farther out really helps stability. I think hits will be fast and easy to 50 yards, and really speed me up at 100. I know it's still a 9mm and not a real rifle, but being able to place accurate rounds with ease much past where I can quickly free hand makes me a happy camper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raven312, ran23 and chaosmagnet like this.
  2. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Looks cool!

What device is that on the M&P pistol? Is that also from Flux?

3. steviesterno

that was how I had it mocked up before I owned the Glock. So far it only fits the Glocks, Gen 4 or 5, 17 or longer. you can do a 19 but the rails hang forward and your hand can get ahead of the muzzle.

They have reported they will be making more, and once they do for M&Ps I'll sell this in a heartbeat.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  4. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I'm too deep into the M&Ps to buy a Glock for this. But it's attractive.

5. steviesterno

got the chance to shoot it today. Surprisingly recoiled a little harder than I though it would. still shot really well and was nice and fast. I liked that I was able to be more stable and shoulder it. The front sight is a bit tough to focus on with it moving around that close to my face. We tried it with a red dot upper and it was AWESOME!. fast, easy to transition, etc.
    One thing I noticed was that you couldn't shoot it without the brace out. If you did, after a few rounds it would pop open. I also can't release the mag with the brace closed without my left hand. But I'll switch the release probably.
    Add a dot and a can and it will be perfect! All and all I really like it.
    we managed to burn 400+ rounds of ammo through it. Very easy to shoot fast, accurately, and enjoyably. worth it.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  6. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

Steve... in your research did you come across any angled fore grips for a Glock other than the one from Mako group.... it is vertical and still needs a stamp... something angled, but like the Mako

Les... I'm lasnyder on AR15.com

steviesterno and chaosmagnet like this.
  7. steviesterno

Les I'll be honest, I didn't really shop for a foregrip besides this one. I was on the fence about it at all, but it came in the package deal I got. I don't see the need for a forward grip unless you have a sling/brace/or stock (with stamp). I personally think that kind of 2 handed grip is weird unless there's another support.

I have seen people chop up magpul grips to use but that seems sketchy to me.

8. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I like to tinker... I have access a two angle cutter for a friend's milling machine to cut some rails... might try to change the angle on one of the short Magpul verticals for a proof of concept... many years ago I shot an MP5K, which kind of intrigued me... thanks for the quick reply

steviesterno likes this.
  9. steviesterno

Les, got some closer up pics for you to take a look at. shown without mag, with a G17 mag, and then from the left side. I keep my thumb on the left to activate the light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

Wish they'd do one of these that worked on a gen 3

11. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

Should have invested in the red dot first, you'll see you don't need the brace for things inside of 50 yards comfortably with one. ;)

steviesterno likes this.
  12. steviesterno

I am comfortable to 50+ with irons. Had a chance to grab this locally before they started really shipping so that's why I went in the order I went.

but yeah, shopping for dots as we speak