1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 78 Field Knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by sublimepatriot1776, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sublimepatriot1776

sublimepatriot1776 Empty Pockets

Hello all,

I was wondering about picking up the a Glock 78 Field Knife for the wife, to keep in the car. Ive seen the torture test vids on utube, but am skeptical at the price of only $27 locally.

She carries a "Tactical Pink" Izula and I carry a Kabar Becker Necker for EDC. Just need a good trunk knife. Think this will fit the bill?

Any constructive criticism will be appreciated. Any undo negativity be your time wasted.

2. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

I had one. It was ok, blunt as a butter knife from new and not a particularly useful blade shape for me. You can open bottles with the guard though, which pleased me.

If you (or the wife) want an all-purpose field or utility knife I think you would be better served with a Mora of some description. The Glock is a nice enough knife for what it is but doesn't do anything better than the cheaper Mora. It might be more useful for self defence with the longer blade but it will take some serious sharpening and frankly I don't think it's worth bothering with. I gave mine away in the end, which might tell you something.

3. sonny

sonny Empty Pockets

For me, not that bad in sharpness and easy to sharpen.
    Not difficult to throw at target due to its blade-heavy

4. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

. For a beater to leave in the car, why not. Sharpen it up, rub it down with a TuffCloth and it's good to go.

5. sublimepatriot1776

sublimepatriot1776 Empty Pockets

Thanks for the info.

I should have stated we each have 2 Moras for beater/throw away knives. There awesome, especially at there price. I was looking for an all around knife with a longer "reach" if ever needed, and a more secure sheath.

6. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

for me the sheath is one of the better things about the Glock knife, I have one in both my vehicles