1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 43x.....

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Stinson12, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

Just like the title says. What’s everyone’s thought on the glock 43x?

2. PhrankKastle

PhrankKastle Loaded Pockets

If I lived in a communist state limiting me to 10 rounds I’d probably go for it but for me I’d stick with my 26 which gives me the option of 10,12,15,17,24,33 round mags. Plus for me the two tone look does absolutely nothing for me I like an all black gun or all stainless but I despise two tone so that was a huge no from me right out of the gate. Now one of my shoot g buddies is excited as all heck for this he loves two tone so to each his own but for me it’s a big not interested.

3. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I slapped an extension on a the 43. So, I guess a 43x makes sense.

4. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I'm happy with my original 7+1 G43 platform, Pearce +1, Dawson Trijicon front, plain Dawson rear, Taran +2 on the reload, Tulster IWB and mag pouch... I purposely downsized the carry mag from a second Taran +2 to the Pearce to help reduce the grip from printing

I'm just a kindly old retired school teacher.. song birds land on my shoulders, and small animals play at my feet

5. bruno_go

bruno_go Loaded Pockets

Just business...

Grappler likes this.
  6. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

I'm not a fan of (fixed) full-length grips on guns that are intended for carry. The grip is the hardest part to conceal, so why make it harder? Yeah, if you want more capacity, use an extended mag, but at least give me the option of going shorter. G43X, G19X, G45...they're not for me, but that's just my preference.
    I like the idea of a longer barrel on a short grip. You'll get a better sight radius and improved ballistic performance (I posted this on another forum): https://www.breachbangclear.com/victory-first-v43-victory-barrel-and-slide-g43-edc-upgrade/

aicolainen and Grappler like this.
  7. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

Same as post #2, I'll stick with my G26 for more mag options. Plus, I can't stand skinny grip single stacks.

8. FilthyJ24

FilthyJ24 Loaded Pockets

I've put close to 1000 rounds through mine and can confidently say it's my favorite handgun. Today was range day and I brought my 43x to qualify with so I can carry it as a backup on duty and replace my SW 360 m&p. We shoot a time based 50 round course of fire from the 5 yard line to the 25. All hits outside of the "milk bottle" deduct from your score. Thanks to the combination of the night fision sights I put on and the way the gun fits my hands I scored higher with my 43x than my 17, shooting a 48 and 46 respectively (off hand kneeling gets me every time) I have small/medium hands and the gun just feels like it was made for my hand. I wish I could carry it as my primary on duty lol.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  9. FilthyJ24

FilthyJ24 Loaded Pockets

A quick update. I was going to cerakote my slide black but instead I switched slides with my wife and her 43. She was all for having a silver slide so it worked out perfectly. I put my barrel from my 43X and my night fision sights on the 43. Now I have essentially a mini version of my duty gun. I love the modularity of these guns, but just wish the magazines were interchangeable. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

10. jsx1043

jsx1043 Empty Pockets

I'm opposite from many on the shorter grip preference. The G19 and G43X are the shortest grip length I like to go. Having carried a G26 and G27, I carried with a +2 extended mag anyway and the the 43X is the blend of my preferences of capacity, grip feel and manipulation. My full-grip preference is due to mag changes - I hate changing mags on the G26. From years of range work on the G17, changing a mag on the 43X feels almost like a duty gun.

I do wish that Shield Arms would get their 15-round mag (https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag) out in the market, but I feel good off duty with the 43X and a spare mag. Occasionally I'll carry two spares in a BFG Ten-Speed double mag pouch on the belt. The mags are so small I barely even notice. If they did get it running (reliably), I'd feel perfectly comfortable with a 43X and two mags, one in the gun and a spare.

I will say this as well - I carried the G26 IWB at 3:00, I've carried my G19 IWB at 3:00 and AIWB, and I choose to carry the G43X AIWB and it literally disappears. It's the best off duty carry I've ever had.

PhrankKastle likes this.