1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 43

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ArkansasFan30, Jun 22, 2017.

1. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

This is why I thought the Israeli shooting course I attended was ridiculous. The instructors we're all krav maga instructors which is great. I'm in krav maga myself, but the idea of drawing a pistol and chambering it leaves too many variables to chance, e.g. cold hands, injured hands, close proximity to assailant, snagged garments, hands full of something, etc. They we're all teaching that you could fight someone off, chamber, aim and fire. I thought it was nuts.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm not discounting your poor experience in any way, but I would like to point out that subcompact Glocks are not new. They've been around for years overseas. Glock has produced a .380 subcompact very similar to the 42 for overseas law enforcement markets for a long time now- they simply could not import them into the US because of the BATF's points system- essentially, it was too light, too small of a caliber, and had too few safety features to be imported legally into the US for civilian consumption. Law enforcement, however, could order them in certain situations due to an exemption in the law for LEOs.
    The 42 is considered a new platform not because of its size and caliber but because it was made in Georgia (the first Glock made outside of Austria IIRC) specifically for the US market, which is stuck on pocket pistols at the moment.

Humans4Targets on YouTube has a good video on the .380 police Glocks and the BATF importation points system if I remember correctly.

EZDog likes this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is interesting for sure and I was unaware but it makes it even seem more odd that they have had issues with these first units to be made domestically ?

I could not go through a single Mag without problems and I tried several different loads as well.

In the end I really didn't care what the problems were caused by and I can not trust the use of the 42 with the problems that I was having so I made the dealer exchange mine for a 43 when they finally arrived and I have not had a single hiccup or burp from the 43 yet.

I know I am not the only one too from what I read trying to understand my options.

thatotherguy likes this.
  4. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

The smallest Glock besides the 42 (not including the Baby's 27, 27...) was the Glock 25 .380 which was the same size as the G19 and wasn't able to be imported. Even overseas I've never heard of anything close tothe 42/43 before it came here.

5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Obviously, being a civilian, I'm not intimately familiar with the .380 police glock, but that was what I knew to the best of my imperfect knowledge...

Honestly, I think they just haven't dialed in the manufacturing process for the domestic models yet. Perhaps they will. Perhaps not. Don't know. I wouldn't trust a 42.

6. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

I really like my G43. Carry it almost everyday. Majority of the time it's in the front pocket of my shorts. If wearing jeans it's owb with my shirt covering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I once asked a Jewish friend about the IDF doctrine of not carrying a charged pistol... he said it originated with the early days of Independence with the myriad of different firearms, with different manuals of arms that were being carried....the possibility of a friendly fire incident was too high... for a while I carried a G19 upside down in a small fanny pack without a holster... it was not charged...my G43 is carried in a cargo pocket holster and is charged... for me it depends on the how it is safely carried...... I've started a lot of competition stages with an unloaded/uncharged pistol without a whole lot of trouble getting it into action... YMMV

my G42 has been 100 percent, and I recently upgraded to a G43, mainly as I reload 9mm and can shoot it more

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mine is not chambered. I was never a cocked and locked 1911 guy either.

Yet, revolvers are no problem in my mind.

9. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

The G42 went though a "quiet" revision. Both the Frame and Mags have been updated. I think the frame is on Rev 2 and the Mags are at Rev 3.

Contact Glock and see if they will swap it out for a current revision. I know the early ones had lots of issues. Mine is the latest and it's been fine. If you look online you can see what and where the stamps are to show you the differences. I dont have mine with me so I can provide info. But I assure you, there was a change and I have read a bunch on people getting Glock to help them.

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks but like I said I already swapped the entire 42 for a perfect 43.
    No regrets either!

11. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

My Bad, I just skimmed the posts... +1 on the G43. I have both, but prefer the G43 as 9mm > .380

12. glouglou

glouglou Loaded Pockets

I just sold my 43.
    I loved my 42 but 380 is hard to find and expensive in France so I took a 43. I change the connector for a Ghost, sights for warren, and some accessorys. To the end it was still à Glock, not accurate as the 32, but bigger and still the fu.....g Glock trigger.
    So I order a XDS in 9mm.

13. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Everyone I've heard comment on the XDs, as well as the XDs 9 I owned....had a Glock trigger. One of the reasons I liked the XDs, and the Glock.

14. glouglou

glouglou Loaded Pockets

Same trigger system for sure but smoother and more direct. I trade my 17 custom for a 5.25 XDM for the 3 guns. With a custom trigger kits it became a very cool gun.