1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 43 for Glock 19

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by d_lanc, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. d_lanc

d_lanc Empty Pockets

Hey everyone, I am considering trading my Glock 43 for a Gen 4 Glock 19. Any thoughts?

2. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

That’s a tough one. Do you plan on carrying the 19? I had a 43 for a bit but recently sold it and picked up a G26. I shot the 43 well but the lower capacity troubled me. I can shoot the 26 better, it carries just as easy for me, and I have the option of either carrying a 15 or 17rd re-load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I originally got my G43 to upgrade the G42 that was being carried in my cargo pocket in a Recluse holster (and because I reload 9mm)..I perceived an uptick in violent situations around the country, and even considering the Florida heat decided to go IWB to give me a presentation advantage over the pocket rig with a cover up shirt... the G43 with a Taran Tactical +2 mag extension...gives me a good platform combination of light weight, small size and decent caliber (it shoots 124 Gold Dots shoot very accurately) ... I have a very low perception of threat... I shoot a G34 for USPSA and 3 gun, and don't at this time perceive the need for more shots and more weight.. I do carry a TT +2 on the reload however... (Tulster IWB and mag pouch)

4. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

For CCW I’d stick with the 43 but for anything else I’d go with the 19.

cnutco likes this.
  5. DTWCA

DTWCA Loaded Pockets

I have a G43 I've really tried to love but it is just a very hard gun for me to shoot vs G19 or Walther PPS. Also saw it at my CCW qual -- a guy who was driving nails with a S&W Shield then switched to his "small" gun (G43!) and his groups doubled in size. Just a little bit bigger (PPS/Shield) makes a big difference. G19 is definitely the most versatile.

6. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

From somebody who CCWs a 19, that 43 is a really nice looking little package. What's the reason for looking at the change? Hard to answer the question without knowing that.

Considerations:
    1: If you can comfortably conceal the 19, stick with it.
    2: Handling? How comfortable are you shooting either of these?

DTWCA, I have the shield 9 as well. Interesting that the grouping was worse on the Glock. I'm always prone to blame the misadjusted "nut behind the trigger", especially when switching between two platforms that feel very different. These smaller handguns CAN be fired very accurately, but your technique really shows one way or the other with them.

7. Versatek

Versatek Loaded Pockets

You'll likely get about 50% of used retail value on a trade, so maybe $170.
    If you can afford it, keep the 43, and buy a 19.
    Carry whichever suits the situation. Or carry the 19 IWB and the 43 in an ankle rig.

steeps likes this.
  8. MiniMan0208

MiniMan0208 Empty Pockets

I’ve owned both, and both serve two different roles in your ccw needs.... the 19 is a proven, reliable carry weapon. It will serve you well if you believe that you may need a higher round count. If your needs are a smaller, deep concealment carry weapon, keep your 43. It carries much nicer than a 19, because the 19 is in fact bulky and will feel like a brick in your waistband. I’ve carried mine in a Supertuck, Comptac, and Alien Gear and have had the same feeling in all. It all depends on what you’re looking to do with it. And both are a solid choice. With that being said, I carry an M&P 9c every day.....

CDKJudoka likes this.
  9. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

It's all personal preference. I tried carrying a small single stack as a CCW, but prefer a G19, or something larger for EDC. Personally, I find it easier to conceal a larger handgun and the G19 sized firearms are pretty close to perfectly sized. My sweet spot, though is an M&P 2.0. I am a big guy, so YMMV.

10. Joe L. Bachs

Joe L. Bachs Empty Pockets

I carry a G26 with a mag extension, the G43 just feels too small in my hands (just personal preference/opinion). I really like my G26, I can shoot and conceal it well, plus gives me almost G19 capacity with less height and length and I can carry a G17 back up magazine.

11. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

OP is MIA but asking which one to carry is like asking which shoes fit better.

I prefer to carry what I can shoot better. I bought a G26 when they were first available. I haven't found anything that I prefer more in a 3.5" 9mm.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#11 adnj, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    HardToHandle and cnutco like this.