1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 26 "Baby Glocks"

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Ethos, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jammer Six

Jammer Six Loaded Pockets

Ask them. Why do people show up for Padres games? Why is there still anyone in Florida?

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Troll much?

3. Jammer Six

Only Glock owners. For, you know, obvious reasons.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  4. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Some of us are still in Florida because our job does not allow us to leave.

JabbaNoBother, Glock19er and pinehtr like this.
  5. Jammer Six

That's a choice. A hard choice, but it's a choice. If you're a cop, it's a choice I respect. Otherwise, it's not a choice I'd make.

6. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Yes I suppose technically you are correct. It is a choice. But one with very limited options. My options are to stay and hope for the best or evacuate and be terminated. Not much of a choice if you ask me. Most places will be closed so their employees don't have to make that decision. Unfortunately that is not an option for all jobs. Law enforcement, fire and rescue, and hospitals can't simply close for a few days due to bad weather.

Since I am not old enough or financially able to retire my "choice" is to stay. If I was a burger flipper or office worker my choice would probably be different, but then I probably wouldn't have to make that decision as my place of employment would most likely be closed. For what it's worth, I am a correctional officer with the Florida DOC.

jkwithawave likes this.
  7. Donut
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Donut Loaded Pockets

That's gotta be a tough job.

I have a Glock 43 because it's small. I have a +2 extension. I'm not comfortable with my pinky finger hanging off the end of the handle. I could get a 26, but it would probably have the same problem. I could get a model with a longer handle, but wouldn't a thinner model be easier to hide? They have the plastic piece that you can put on the end of the clip to give you the extra finger grip, but it doesn't give you two extra rounds.

I don't know a lot about guns, this is the only gun I have ever owned. I wanted something that is known for reliability.

G39 likes this.
  8. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

9. soulknight

soulknight Loaded Pockets

I have Sig MK25 that I really like. I rarely carry a spare magazine since I have the Mec-Gar 18 round flush fit magazines. Lately, I have been considering getting a G19 or a G26. The G26 is what I was leaning toward for concealed purposes but now I am intrigued by the chopped G19. Can anyone tell me more about this? Maybe throw some pictures out. As much as I like my Sig, the grip length is what prevents it from being an effective CCW for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#69 soulknight, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  10. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Then get a G26 and an extended magazine. Best of both worlds. The G26 shoots like a bigger gun.

11. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

S slapped a Houge grip on my 26 Gen3. Also got the enlarged mag release and slide stop.. It shoots good groups in my hand, better than the M&P full size 9MM I had..

Stutoffee likes this.
  12. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Oh yeah, I carry one 12rnd Magpul mag (12+1) in the pistol and as back up, 2 16rnd mags.. Depending on the pants (and what part of town I'm visiting) I can up the back up mags to 4 16rnd.. JIC.. never now..

13. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

I got me a pocket holster Tagua I think, that rubbery flypaper type so the holster stays in the pocket when you go to draw the weapon.. Works great in shorts pocket..

JabbaNoBother likes this.
  14. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

I liked the look of the S&W Shield 9mm. I have a Glock 27 that I have had since they first came out back in the 90's. Comparing the two I realized that the 27 eliminated any need of the Shield. Almost the same size, almost the same capacity. I know the Glock, I love the Glock. I would assume I would like a 26 equally. I have carried mine everywhere and for many years. I have a crossbreed super tuck, a Galco ankle holster and a Galco Jackass shoulder holster for it so I can carry it whatever way I need. I too carry Glock 23 mags as spares.

JabbaNoBother likes this.
  15. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

whichever gun you end up with, as a nightstand gun,put a weapon light on it.
    Streamlight TLR-6 for the G26, TLR-1HL or Inforce APL-C for Glocks for the G19 or other weapon light.

I've got both and rotate them as needed, along with many other pistols.

16. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

I have owned multiple glocks but I only kept the gen 3 G26. Its a fantastic pistol and I am a Sig guy not a glock guy. Great ergo's and just carries so well. It doesn't see much waist time anymore due to stiff competition, but I would recommend it as a great carry pistol to anyone.

17. Jammer Six

Wouldn't own a weapon light. I don't want to point a weapon at something I want to see until I see it and decide I want to point a weapon at it.

18. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

you must not like having options.

19. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

FWIW... LED weapons lights or hand held illuminate a whole lot of area without necessarily covering a potential target... good friend was project manager for the initial SOPMOD kit for the M4 for SOCOM.... he ran into a lot of flack from "experts" for wanting to include an attached white weapon's light..... they have become pretty handy when searching for bad guys in the GWOT

20. Jammer Six

I don't live in a combat zone. No one living in the U.S. does.

wanderer16 likes this.