1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 26 "Baby Glocks"

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Ethos, Jul 3, 2017.

1. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Reading this thread almost makes me want to keep my Glock. The power of forums and suggestion I guess.

For a few years now, I've really tried to like the Glock, but for me it's just too square and blocky for comfortable carry. I guess I'm not just tactical enough, but I like my old S&W J frame better. I find a 14 ounce aluminum revolver carried better in the Texas hot climate in shorts and T-shirt weather. I'm not a cop, nor am I any kind of operator so a small 5 short .38 fits my life style better. Reloading the magazines on the range is a :censored:, and I like the simplicity of the revolver. As a senior citizen with some arthritis issues, the revolver is just an easier gun to deal with. My better half sold her Glock last year and stayed with her revolvers. I'll be doing the same.

[​IMG]

This one just carried better for me and shooters good enough for the close range I'd be defending myself at. And I don't have to worry about what kind of bullet will feed in it. Maybe it's true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I tried the modern tool, and I find the Glock accurate, reliable, but I just don't love it like my old revolvers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by jackknife, Jul 19, 2017
    #41 jackknife, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

final comment on the G43... Speer Gold Dot 124 shot under 1 1/2" (edge to edge) at 18yd... it is a keeper...

jkwithawave and Ethos like this.
  3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Don't tell me that before I get to the range. Lol

jkwithawave likes this.
  4. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

had a chance to shoot a friend's SiG 320 compact the other day... was expecting a good trigger, and was not disappointed, but encountered the same problem I had with my Browning P35... the grip is too round in cross section... after 35 years of shooting slab sided 1911s, and now Glocks, it just indexed on target a fraction slower... YMMV

5. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

I had a G26 when they first came out and carried and shot it a lot. Somewhere along the line I traded it. Now I have had a Glock 39 for a while now and love it. 45 in such a small gun and it is accurate. I've had a Glock 37 o

6. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

My EDC gun is a baby Glock but I went with the odd ball caliber of the bunch. Purely preference for 45 caliber and 9mm sized frame guns I went 45GAP. that thing is an amazing carry gun. Shoots super soft compared to the other baby Glocks with 230s and 200s still have less jump than +P 115 9mm in the G26.

I had a G26 when they first came out. I still feel there is nothing that compares to a baby Glock. When they first came out there was definitely nothing that compared. Extremely accurate for the size and easy shooters.

7. Glock19er

Glock19er Loaded Pockets

Just picked up a new G26. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. volcomonix

volcomonix Loaded Pockets

Just picked up the same one yesterday, without the grip tape obviously. I wanted it to carry more and not so much in my backpack like I do with my G19. It will take some getting used to, but I think it will work out. If anything, I can give it to my wife, fits her hands good anyway.

Glock19er likes this.
  9. Glock19er

Glock19er Loaded Pockets

Volcomonix, try to find you some GAP floor plates like on mine! Makes all the difference in the world to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Datu

Datu Loaded Pockets

The 26 is great, with a magazine extension by Pierre it's the right fit for me. I've got a 239 as well in 40, and except the weight it's awesome.

11. Jammer Six

Jammer Six Loaded Pockets

You bought a compact Glock and use an extension with it?

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use G17 mags in mine all the time,everyones uses are different.

One of the beauties of the G26for me is that it can be compact but still have greater capacity as needed unlike the G17 which is only big!
    I love my G17too!

13. Jammer Six

I'm amazed.

14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

By what exactly?

15. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

That people buy and carry a Glock. They always read in tactical magazines, online and in advertisements you have to buy the newest HK released every two years that's completely different from the previous model to be taken seriously, online.

16. Jammer Six

And that people buy a sub-compact, and immediately turn it back into a full sized weapon, sacrificing all the "advantages" they spent money for.

A lot of people buy weapons as magic wands. They think that if they buy the best, and are "prepared" for both concealed carry when they're only wearing socks and for a full scale firefight that will be decided by who runs out of ammunition first, that that somehow translates into proper preparation.

Proper preparation is not possible in the absence of a specific mission, accurate intelligence and good planning. One weapon is never right for all situations.

Oh, and yeah. If I ever have to shoot it out with someone, I only hope he's holding a bill of goods from some gun rag.

17. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yup, and carry it in plaid Bermuda shorts with a Metallica Tshirt.

JabbaNoBother, Cobra 6 Actual and G39 like this.
  18. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I have a G26. I like it and it shoots well for me. I can shoot it with the 10-round clip and my little finger curled under, but I generally prefer to carry it with either the Glock factory 12-rd mag, or a 10-round mag with the Pearce +2 grip extension making it also 12 rounds. I find it still conceals well with a 12-rd mag.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  19. Jammer Six

That's because everyone looks at the wrong dimensions.

20. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ok, we get it. You know everything.

I tried a 10 mm and my shorts kept falling off. So, as you stated

"Proper preparation is not possible in the absence of a specific mission, accurate intelligence and good planning. One weapon is never right for all situations."

I've tried many options. This is the one that works for me right now, but I am not in constant fantasy fire fights.

As this is a topic specific thread, I wonder why many have similar conclusions?

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.