1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 26 "Baby Glocks"

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Ethos, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

The first gun I ever bought with my own money was a G27, it was accurate but I moved on. A few years ago I had a G26 which was great for carrying, accurate, compact, same caliber as my other guns, and the opportunity to carry more than the already decent capacity of 10 rds (with other mags). I traded it like a dummy and missed it soon after.

Now my only Glock is a G19 and I love it overall, it has everything my G26 had plus a few more rounds. I honestly can't tell it's more/less accurate than my 26 was.

A few months ago I bought a Sig 239 9mm and I love everything about it. I don't see me going back to the G19 as my daily EDC CC gun, not because theirs anything wrong with it besides the fact that my Sig is more accurate and at least as easy to carry. Since I got the Sig the G19 has seen a lot of safe time, but if I go out of town (more than 25 miles) then my G19 and two spares are in my Go bag.

I'm pretty invested in Glock mags and I do like Glock, but I'm thinking of getting rid of the 19 and going back to the 26, it would fill the same role as the 19 does now, Go bag, occasional night stand or carry duty, but it would be a lot more compact and actually I would probably still carry it a lot more than I do my Glock now.

Sorry this turned out so long, just trying to go through all of my thinking and reasoning. I usually don't ask opinions but I just thought id throw it out there and see whst you guys think....just because.

I also welcome pictures of your Baby Glocks.

PS: I like the 43 but it's too narrow for my hands and I'm not interested in other gun brands for this role.

#1 Ethos, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Mumbojumboo likes this.
  2. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Was there a question in there?

Guido Nova likes this.
  3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Well in a roundabout way I guess. What do you think? Does it make more sense? Etc. :)

4. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I have a 26. I can use G19 mags and get the capacity of the 19. I can't, however, shrink the 19 to the size of the 26. I shoot about the same with all Glocks, no matter the barrel length. So for me the 26 is more versatile than the 19. That's why I chose to buy a 26 instead of a 19 when I originally bought it.

Raven312, HardToHandle and Ethos like this.
  5. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

19 and 26 are both awesome. For me and keepers I'd have to go with the 19. And .........get a 30SF.

Makes no sense. The 30 is wider , heavier, shorter barrel, but its a 45 with 10 capacity. The mass of that thing makes it the best shooter of all the Glocks. IMO. I can get off the first shot pretty good with most anything but the second not so great. The 30 fixes that.

I would never have believed it myself. I will never go back to the 1911 platform. I still have a few but for me I turned. I would have bet money there was no way. After 1,000s of rounds and multiple 1,000 shot months, I just shoot the thing better than anything else.

Right now in Bermuda shorts.....G43 with +2 mag.

Buy a 17 also. :)

BubbaFett and Ethos like this.
  6. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

I've had six G17's over the years. Love how it feels but I don't shoot it as well as the 19 or 26.

Wouldn't mind having a 30...eventually.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  7. larcher75

larcher75 Loaded Pockets

Go with which ever you shoot better because that is what matters most, granted there is a small size difference but both are easily concealed and the 19 is fairly light. At the end of the day accuracy in times of need is what gets the job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven312 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I love my G26 and rarely carry it with the smaller mags anyway.
    I might have a 10 round,extended to 12 i it but then carry 15 or 17 round backup mags and I also shoot the 33 round mags with no issue all the time for fun and practice.

I also like that these mags interchange with the Sub2000 for obvious reasons!

Also I would not dismiss the G43 unless you have shot one for a little bit first?
    I thought it was too small for me at first but with some practice it has become a favorite of mine!

J_C, ArkansasFan30 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  9. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Buy a 26 in addition to the 19 :D

10. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Nobody needs more than, like, ah....4 , no 5. Glocks. :)

343KD and Ethos like this.
  11. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Go with 26

Sent from my TM101A620M using Tapatalk

Ethos likes this.
  12. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

I've bought other single stacks that didn't work for me like PPS M2 and more that would twist in my hand under recoil. However Ihad the XDs and it was fine. I think the 43 looks like a good gun but it feels slimmer than all of the others I've owned or I would probably have one by now.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  13. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

I would no longer consider the 26/27 a baby Glock thanks to the 42/43 debut. With that said, is the barrel/grip length that much of an issue now you are considering the 26? Especially given it is going to see more bag and night stand duty mainly thanks to your Sig acquisition. If it is going to see less carry duty thanks to the SIG, I don't see any gain outside of wanting a new gun and you can't justify keeping both since it will get less use overall.

soulknight and Mumbojumboo like this.
  14. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

I am not a big fan boy of anything. There is an indoor range 5 blocks from my house. I can't go and pick up a gallon of milk without dropping by to empty a few mags.

I did not want to like the G43 but it is taking over.

[​IMG]g43 dumpo2 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Slim but longish. Drop it in your Bermuda shorts. Done.

#14 Mumbojumboo, Jul 3, 2017
    huntnow and Ethos like this.
  15. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Less grip, slide and weight when including ammo difference. With my old one I never used more that the ten rd mag for carry, but it's nice to still have the option, which is another reason to stick to the double stack since I have about eight mags in varying lengths.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  16. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Ok so here's my transition of Glocks for reference.

Personal: Glock 23, 21, 19, 43
    Issued: Glock 22, 23, 21, but no haven't held a badge in any form in a few years now.

The G23 was my first concealment weapon, and my least favorite Glock platform.

I was tormented for years about getting a G27 then later a G30S.

Eventually, within the last year, I used logic and realized 9mm is great and I bought the G19.

Then a G43. It's tiny, yes, but it's a far cry better than my Ruger LCP. I still don't carry it all the time and only today got my Bravo Concealment IWB holster. I'm wearing it now with athletic shorts and a t-shirt because I can.

As it happens I don't find a single Glock to be comfortable in my hand. Beretta, Sig, S&W M&P, sundry 1911s, but I don't want any of those. I really don't care if they feel good or fit my hand. I spend a lot of time holding my pistols to the point that they're an extension of my hand. I don't believe one can't shoot well because it doesn't feel good.

Now having said all of that, other than making a straw purchase perhaps (oops) I *might* use my GSSF coupon next year to buy a needless G26.

No, I wouldn't make a straw purchase, lol. I'll probably end up buying wife a G43.

I don't think that helps, but I just came in and it's sticky and gross outside, plus my decision making abilities are smoked. I detest summer.

I'll add, should I get a G26, I'm going to buy another helping of a lot of other expensive crap I already have here and there and make it an ingredient in a complete, stand alone go bag; small, light, fast. In a way, I hope it doesn't happen because it'll be a needless outlay of another $800 or so on top of the pistol. However, I'm presently into light and nimble gear augmenting skills.

Ethos and Mumbojumboo like this.
  17. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

My G43 is now my muse.

Ethos, Mumbojumboo and EZDog like this.
  18. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

This has to be the best Glock thread of all time. Ever been on a Glock forum. Some dudes talks endless dribble and in the end he says, "I can't wait to shoot it!". What the heck!

Me 17 in late 88s and then 19, 26, 30sf, and now 43.

The 17 is a monster and a great pistol. The 19 was easier to conceal, so I wanted easier, bam the 26. Gave up on 1911s which led me to the 30. It's too wide for IWB carry. So I OWB open carry. I really only do that in the woods but hold the dam horses. I'm a 357 magnum Colt guy so it's my Python or King Cobra. I prefer the King Cobra over the Python but that's a whole other battle. Oh yeah, I carry my woods gun in a chest to keep my pants from falling off. So around base camp I open carry a 30.

Range guns. 17, 19, 26, 30, 43
    Woods guns. 17, 30, + a Revolver
    Concealed carry. 26, 43.

I'm not saying that the 19 is only range gun but it looks like that is where I'm at. It does live in a speed vault right next to the...... not telling.

43 and 30 pics. 30 is wide and heavy. The 43 has a snappy recoil compared to the 30.

43. 8+1
    30. 10+1 but double stack

[​IMG]30sfG43 2 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

[​IMG]30sfG43 1 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

I also have a very serious 22lr problem and have a Ruger Mark #? with me most of the time. Mark 2 is the best but I have a Mark 3 22/45 in the truck only because the IV got recalled!!!!!!!!

Pistols make no sense and whoever said "What works for you is the best or try them out." was right. I wouldn't suggest anyone follow my path. :)

Great thread guys!!!

#18 Mumbojumboo, Jul 3, 2017
    jgonc, FLbeachbum and Ethos like this.
  19. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

Want some impetus to go G26?

Try the new Magpul GL9 magazine that gets you to 12+1 9x19mm rounds. Slightly, but only slightly longer than the G26 grip. Pro tip - load up the magazines a few time, cycle them through and leave the mag loaded for a week. I found it was impossible to get #12 cartridge to load initially. I have a single version of each of the Magpul G17 and G19 mags, but did not appreciate them. The G26 magazine changed my opinion - real innovation, even if the plastic feels cheesy and cheap. I still carry a G17 reload

I had a 9mm P239... Size of a Glock 19, less capacity than a Glock 26. To my figuring there is few examples of more value jammed into a CCW piece than a G26. And note that this is the liviest topic I have seen in awhile - and some serious interest in Glocks.

Ethos likes this.
  20. Jammer Six

Jammer Six Loaded Pockets

If someone gave me a Glock, I'd sell it, use the money to buy a yellow dog, and shoot the dog.

And I like dogs.