1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock / 1911 / Berreta?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by themadplumbarian, Jul 27, 2010.

?

Which one do you like better?

1. Glock

57.5%
  2. Colt 1911

36.2%
  3. Berreta

6.3%
  1. 5534

5534 Loaded Pockets

G17 as ive never used the others ( only other pistols I've shot are sig p226 the old browning high-power - prefer the glock)

2. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

If you like Glocks the best . And then you say the .45 round is the best round....

Then why don't you carry the G30 or its larger brother . They are both Glocks and your favorite round......or is it you just like shooting plastic guns with minimal kick?

3. Erik88

Erik88 Loaded Pockets

if he is a LEO he probably doesn't have a choice which gun he can carry on duty.

4. rambo4hire

rambo4hire Empty Pockets

Colt 1911 I would ride that pony until the legs fall off!

5. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

They are all fine pistols. I prefer the Glock. Once you learn the Glock trigger, they are hard to beat. Easy to maintain, accurate, VERY reliable. Perfection

6. DaBird

DaBird Empty Pockets

Once you get used to a 1911 --- NOTHING feels the same !!!
    [​IMG]

7. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

nice

8. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

I do agree with you. When I was teaching gun safety this argument came up alot. To settle it I would take everyone to an outdoor range and at 10 yards I would line up 5 balloons floating at different heights and spaced about 10 feet apart. I would take two people and time who could hit all 5 baloons. Then I would walk up and pull out my comp 22 and most of the time I could hit all 5 balloons before the other's had hit one. Rule of the story is placement. A 22 to the head still hurts!

Now I do prefer my 1911 and I have owned serveral Glock's just don't like their natural point. But I do think they are great guns.

Oh and how many owners of Glocks have been left bleeding when hit with the slide?

9. uscmba02

uscmba02 Loaded Pockets

I personally believe the "slide bite" issue with the Glock is not as bad as it has been made out to be. Proper grip will eliminate any chance of slide bite.

I own several Glocks, including a g20 that has probably close to 20K rounds through it - never been bitten. I also don't know anyone who has...

10. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

Not to steal this thread but having family who owns a gun shop and knowing several owners of gun shops, a lot of the "younger" crowd that buys guns go straight for the Glock. It is bought more for the "cool" factor than the knowledge the buyer has. The slide bite is more due to new gun owners not knowing what they are doing and that gives the Glock a bad wrap.

I like how reliable the Glocks and 1911's are but the plain truth and fact is that the most reliable gun is a relover. For a new gun owner that is the gun to buy..pull the trigger and if the round doesn't go off pull again. Simple.

11. uscmba02

uscmba02 Loaded Pockets

You are probably correct on the new owners and the slide bite. I could see that.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on the revolver, for a new gun owner - that's a good place to start...

12. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

13. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I was originally going to buy a Berreta, but the shop owner gave me a couple booklets to take home to read before i made my purchase, one was basically the same as the link you posted, showed what they did, froze, sand, sea salt, striped of any lube and ran it over with a dually, then ran 100 rounds threw it after each. the next day i went back to hand him the booklets, and he asked "you still going with the Berreta?" Nope, going with a Glock! I went with the 9mm, i kept kicking myself not going with the 40. when my grandfather passed, i received his, low and behold, i never knew he even had one, and yet a 40! i don't even think it was ever fired.. JR

14. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

awesome i wish my grandpa had a glock 40 cal.

15. shooter-medic

shooter-medic Loaded Pockets

I would say Glock for the newb or a shooter who doesn't have the time or experience to learn and experience the 1911. When you buy a Glock, it will go bang and send bullets down range right out of the box.

But I choose 1911 for self-defense. I have made and paid for some modifications to mine, lower and flare ejector, beavertail safety, tighten slide to frame, dehorn for carry and polish feed ramp, for reliability.

But then again 1911s are simple: you either love them or hate them. I love mine.

Jim

16. longrange2

longrange2 Loaded Pockets

I have carried a 1911 more than anything else although Hi Powers also get quite a bit of use. The Glock G19 is starting to grow on me too.

17. wfochris

wfochris Loaded Pockets

My pistol isn't based on 100 year old technology :)

j/k- I love my glock but believe the 1911 holds it's own.

18. swrdply400mrelay

swrdply400mrelay Loaded Pockets

That is like asking which breath of air you liked most, this one you're taking, or the one you're about to take.

:p

19. Charlie B

Charlie B Loaded Pockets

I love my Glock and my Springfield 1911 and EMP, but my S&W Airweight gets more carry time.

20. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

But your glock hasn't had 100+ years of constant military service to prove it's self. :p