1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 19 for IWB carry??

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by olletsocmit, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Ya know, I don't often quote Nutnfancy, as I'm not a huge fan of his stuff, but something he said in a video about guys who debate ammo capacity really hit home with me, because I used to be one of those guys like you, who would tell everyone that if you can't do it in 6 you shouldn't be carrying a gun anyway right? I came from a revolver background so having anything more than 6 and sometimes 7 rounds seems excessive to me. But, he said something to the extent that, you're choosing to carry a gun AT ALL, and the likelihood of you ever needing to fire it at someone is hopefully extremely low in the first place, so why would you argue against a guy for wanting to carry a gun with more capacity? And I think he's right. The number of people who never need guns far exceeds the number who ever will, so the odds are vastly in your favor that you'll never even need 6 let alone 15.The difference in weight between a 19 and a 43 is only 8oz. That's really not a big deal and in exchange you more than double your capacity.

But anyway, I think the point of this thread is that if you can manage to carry it, why shouldn't you? I 100% regret buying my 43. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent little gun and my wife has basically adopted it and we call it her gun now, which is great. But, for me I should have just gone with the 19. I carry a Shield, and I reeeeally love that gun, but I'm still looking at a 19. It's just the perfect mix of size and capacity, not huge but big enough to be a real gun, and it carries a good amount of ammo. Lately I'm just finding less and less reasons to not carry one.

Trave1ingEast likes this.
  2. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

I have a 43 that I carry iwb and a 19 carried iwb aswell. The difference is slightly noticeable, the 19 is heavier, larger, and accordingly the holster is slightly larger- a crossbreed supertuck for the 19 and a minituck for the 43. BUT not by a whole lot. I really enjoy carrying the 19 and carry it more then the 43. Along with a gun belt from crossbreed I have no complaints, the difference in weight and size is minimal. Come summer time I see myself carrying the 43 more often in shorts. Moral of the story-I think you'll have no issue carrying a 19 iwb, as long as you have the proper holster/belt setup.

Evil D likes this.
  3. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

I carry a 19 IWB using an Aliengear holster. It is very comfortable and even now that I have put on more weight in my middle area I still have no issues.

4. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Old thread, but I'll throw in my $0.02 worth...

Comp-Tac MTAC for my G19.

I wouldn't say carrying this gun IWB is a joy, but the MTAC is just about the best I've found.
    [​IMG]

I just ordered an Alien Gear 3.0 for my Shield. I may just get one for the G19 if I find any remarkable benefits of the AG 3.0 over the MTAC.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

5. pointoflight

pointoflight Loaded Pockets

Sound reasoning as well. Just another school of thought. My response simply was addressing his lack of comfort in carrying. The only way to really make carrying as comfortable as possible so you that you do find yourself carrying more often and regularly is to make the package smaller. Smaller ultimately means less rounds. So, while you should carry as big as you can and still feel comfortable, to someone who finds carrying uncomfortable then the only real answer in my opinion is to reduce the size of the gun. If you want to reduce the size of the gun and still have a decent self defense weapon, that's going to lead you to a single stack 9 or .380 I would think.

I have a 19 also, but it was still too big for me to carry comfortably so I tended to leave it at home. Then I got a P238 to carry. That was really comfortable. Then I bought the under powered argument for a while so I got the G43 and carried that for a couple of months. As small as the G43 is, the P238 is still a lot more comfortable to carry so that's what I carry on an every day basis to work. I work in an office and spend most of my time at a desk. I dress casually so I can carry the P238 at 8 oclock and it doesn't bother at all. The G43 still reminds me that it is there.The G19 I felt was imprinting (at least I felt self conscious about it).

Also, while having lots of rounds is great, I don't see a real life scenario where you are going to use that many. I've never been in a gunfight. In fact, I've only ever used my gun once in a real world situation (surprised a burglar inside my house when I was in my early twenties, no shot fired), but from what I've seen on youtube, read online, heard about in the news, most CCW people aren't going to be in a gunfight exchanging fire with the bad guy. The matter is usually over in a matter of seconds, not minutes, with a few shots fired. I haven't come across a story, article, etc. where the good guy emptied his entire 15 round clip in a self defense situation. If a person can carry a high capacity pistol comfortably great. I would too if I could live with the comfort level. Those added rounds are sure great to have. I was only addressing his issue with comfort and carrying a higher capacity gun. It sounds trivial, but I understand how those extra dimensions and extra ounces do add up to a person not feeling comfortable carrying. If a person doesn't feel comfortable when they carry, they usually will tend not to.

6. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Yeah we're on the same page. You've gotta do what you've gotta do, and carrying even a 2 shot Derringer is better than nothing.

As for real life scenarios, lets all pray we never have to even pull our guns let alone fire them in self defense. That's the best case scenario. But, the point of carrying at all is for that 1% change that you actually need it. The problem with this debate is, that 1% could mean you live or die. There's almost never a gray area, you either never need a gun, or the :censored: to the point that you wish you had 15 rounds and then some. These kinds of situations may be few and far between, but I bet you any of the people involved would have wished they had the 19 over the 43.

A couple weeks ago there was an incident where a guy walked into a restaurant in Columbus Ohio and started hacking away at people with a machete. In that instance, you could probably get the job done in 6+1, but I'd sure feel a lot safer knowing that I had 15.

Something like this ordeal, even the 19 won't save you..

Granted, that's an extreme case, but do we carry our guns for the low threat instances, or do we try to be prepared for anything? Tough question.

Also I gotta say, this site's censorship is on another level. You can't even post an acronym? Isn't that already censoring the real words? Anyway, that above censorship was about a certain bodily product hitting a fan.

7. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

I would suspect that millions of people do, all over the world

8. pointoflight

I hear you. I'm sure that I ever find myself needing to pull out my weapon I would be thinking it would be nice to have my g19. It's a trade off for sure. Everyday Comfort vs rare need for firepower.

9. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Check out the Tech MIC at AMAZON $23.

10. pointoflight

Yeah, the censorhip is a little extreme....I agree profanity doesn't have a place, but an acronym? We are all big boys and girls here.