1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 19 for IWB carry??

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by olletsocmit, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90 Loaded Pockets

I usually carry a Glock 23 or a full size M&P; and a Sig from time-to-time. I usually carry them in Raven Concealment holsters, or my HSP Incog. I think you are just noticing more weight, and maybe a thicker gun. I wouldn't worry about it.

2. RC413

RC413 Loaded Pockets

Holsters need a break in period. I hated several holsters for a while (fit, finish, flexibility...) But if you give a new holster an honest chance you may find what works for you. I have helped a few friends find holsters that work, adjustment and break in is where it is at. I can recommend my Crossbreed all day, but hand it to a friend and it is not comfy and does not conceal very well. he can hand me his with the same result... The straight kydex ones just have adjustment you need to get right, but the leather kydex hybrids or a plain leather holster need to be worn in. I have ordered a new crossbreed and tried to manually wear it in like a new ball glove, but wearing it in the position you normally would is key.

Thanks Ross

3. olletsocmit

olletsocmit Banned

[​IMG]

My modified Gcode Incog holster

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

Jessie Carter likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Loaded Pockets

I carry a glock 17 iwb in a comptac minotaur. I can conceal it 95% with just a tshirt. It's all about the holster and the cut of the pants.

wings400 likes this.
  5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Should be no problem with a good holster.

6. machine

machine Loaded Pockets

I carry my 19C in a clipdraw and a MIC holster ..... Works great and Im not worried about accidental discharges...

7. machine

machine Loaded Pockets

Not mine but same set up... [​IMG]

MedusaOblongata likes this.
  8. feedramp

feedramp Loaded Pockets

Yes, when I need more capacity than a 1911, the G19 or G23 goes with me ...

[​IMG]

wings400 likes this.
  9. Octane957

Octane957 Loaded Pockets

I carry a 19 Gen4 everyday and love it. I just recently added night sights and a ghost trigger which made a great gun even better.

10. All American Cav Scout

All American Cav Scout Empty Pockets

I'm 5' 5" 120lbs and I love carrying my 19 in a N82, it shows in a t-shirt but I perpetually wear a hoodie so it's alright, also, 99.99% of people don't look for ccw's do even if it prints chances are they won't notice, we all only notice because we're looking for it.

11. acropolis5

acropolis5 Loaded Pockets

Machine, can you give us more detail and purchase info on that "finger guard holster & lanyard". That's a nice setup.

12. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Glocktech MIC holster

13. 713832281

713832281 Empty Pockets

I've carried a 19 for years. Started with a gen 3 and now a gen 4. I use a Galco king tuk iwb. I'm 5'7 153 and have no problems carrying about 3-330 position.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

14. SACGUNNER70

SACGUNNER70 Empty Pockets

I carry a G19 everyday and I think it really does matter what type of holster you carry it in. I carry mine in a Haley Strategic G CODE Incog and it is truly the best IWB holster I have every tried and I have tried everything. I loved it so much I waited the ridiculous 9 weeks to get one custom made for my Colt Defender "3 45 ACP that I also have on my CCW. I wish they made one for the Sig P229 but I understand that EdgeWorks has one in the making.[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by SACGUNNER70, Jul 8, 2015
  15. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

19 all day everyday,...at appx 3 o'clock

16. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

It does matter the holster you use. I find it easier to conceal my G-19 than my G-43 because of the holster I use. The G-Code Incog holster conceals well and is easy to put on and take off when necessary. AIWB is great for times you will be walking or standind, but long periods sitting will have adjusting the gun more than most would like.

17. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

With an incog? Weird. I have something similar for my carry guns and barely notice them sitting.

[​IMG]

I ordered another the day I got my g19, and it works just great. I'm just waiting on a bit of work (trigger job, smooth face trigger, and probably milling for an RMR) before it becomes a carry piece.

18. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

Yeah well you probably don

19. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

20. pointoflight

pointoflight Loaded Pockets

The answer is really quite simple. Get a smaller slimmer gun for added comfort if you haven't by now. There is now the Glock 43 in 9mm the s&w bodyguard in .380 is incredibly small and a good weapon. I edc a sig p238 (.380) that is super small and at 4 or 8 o'clock iwb you can't feel it and I can move around freely. I also carry the g43 sometimes but mostly on the weekend What's the saying? Carrying a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting. I also have a g19 but that's been relegated to home defense duty and is on a magnet mount behind the headboard.

Neither are high capacity guns but the odds are you aren't going to be in a gunfight shootout. If you can't protect yourself with 7 rounds close up then you probably are in big trouble. Also don't believe the hype of .380 stopping power. Many people die of a single torso shot from a 380. Especially with today's higher powered rounds.