1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Glock 19 for IWB carry??

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by olletsocmit, Sep 1, 2013.

1. olletsocmit

olletsocmit Banned

I usually carry my XDs or Shield in my CrossBreed Supertuck every day... Prob is that both my XDs and Shield were recalled. :censored:. So I just picked up a new Glock 19 (Gen 3). It does not look like a lot but the 1" longer barrel seems to really make a dif when carrying inside my pants. Is it just me.

Does anyone else carry a glock 19 everyday

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

2. rm3482

rm3482 Loaded Pockets

I carry a 19 every day and love it! I carry in a crossbreed around the 8:30 position. What type of holster are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Wishoot likes this.
  3. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

I carry a G23 more than any other weapon. I carry AIWB and use either a Dale Fricke Archangel or Zac or a G-Code INCOG.

Wishoot and ranastas like this.
  4. In_The_Pitt

In_The_Pitt Loaded Pockets

I carried a Glock 32 for years. A good IWB holster and you're good to go.

5. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying mine for years and I have not had any issues.

Wishoot likes this.
  6. Bobby Pin Ninja

Bobby Pin Ninja Loaded Pockets

I know a pretty small framed guy who carries one IWB every day. You might just need to get your pants the next size up to have enough room for you and the gun, but you can carry a lot bigger guns than a G19 IWB with the right clothes and the right holster.

Wishoot and marcclarke like this.
  7. 01bugtruck

01bugtruck Loaded Pockets

ive carried my wife's G19 before, I use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB on those occasions.

I think the 19 is an awesome carry gun.
    It is heavier & thicker than my shield but, carries a bunch more rounds and has that wonderful "full sized gun" feel to it.

What awful luck you've had, having 2 firearms re-called!
    Certain Gen 4 17 & 19 glocks were recalled not too long ago also...a shell ejection issue if I remember right.

I check my shield every time I put it on since the recall -and I have not had a single malfunction.

Wishoot likes this.
  8. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

I am 6' and 165lbs. I have carried my G19 for several years now on rotation. I have carried it in a cheap IWB holster very similar to this one.
    [​IMG]

Wishoot likes this.
  9. KnightBanshee

KnightBanshee Loaded Pockets

I don't carry my Glock every day, typically my Sig 229 but ill carry both IWB in a Comp-Tac Minotaur and they are both hidden very well. I prefer my Raven Phantom OWB if I'm wearing a button down, but a t-shirt covers my IWB perfectly with those

Wishoot likes this.
  10. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

While I don't doubt anyone who has posted in this thread, I can't for the life of me figure out how you all can stuff that much gun and holster inside your pants and cover it with a t shirt. The only way I can get by with carrying IWB, is with the smallest of firearms. Granted, I will admit I think it is highly uncomfortable. I have spent numerous dollars on holsters, a lot of those mentioned in this thread, and when I look at myself in the mirror, I can easily spot the weapon. At first, I thought it was just me, but my wife and teenage son can usually spot them also.
    I am 6 ft, 200 lbs, I don't wear my clothes tight by any means. My jeans are usually a size bigger than I need, and I haven't worn anything smaller than a xtra large tshirt or casual shirt in years. Tell me how you folks pull this off?

As for the G19, I think it's a excellent choice for carry no matter how you do it. Mine doesn't see as much carry time since I purchased a G26 several years ago, but I still think its a great carry gun.

Wishoot likes this.
  11. green_vaccine

green_vaccine Empty Pockets

Yup, G19 in a Raven Concealment Vanguard II at 4 o'clock.

Wishoot, newman252 and Rocket2012 like this.
  12. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

What type of belt are you using? I ask this because to me if I were to use any of my holsters on a standard pants/dress belt they would not work to conceal the gun. If you aren't using a gun belt then there is your problem. I carry a fighting sized gun every day, all day, (Usually a G23, on occasion a P229 or for dress a Colt Combat Elite), maybe everyone knows it and they are like :frantic:, but they never say anything. ;) I suspect no one knows a thing.

13. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

If your shoulders are wider than your hips, you can conceal anything; if your hips are wider than your shoulders, everything will be harder to conceal.

And +1 on a proper gun belt - it makes a big difference.

Wishoot likes this.
  14. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

No dress belts, that's for sure. Wilderness instructors belt or Dillon gun leather belt normally.

And no, my hips are not bigger than my shoulders. Size large or extra large shirt or jacket(think the last sport coat I bought was a 48 regular) and size 34 jeans, but usually buy a 36.

As far as people knowing and not saying anything, could be. I spot people all the time carrying, but I keep it to myself. I just don't think a T is enough of a covering garment. This is why I pocket carry a .38 a lot more than I used too.

Wishoot likes this.
  15. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

Here's my EDC today.
    [​IMG]

Wishoot likes this.
  16. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

All day everyday in a Galco King Tuk...

Which I would not recommend ONLY for the fact that my kydex is cracking and it's not covered by warranty...

Should've gone with CrossBreed. :oops:

[​IMG]

Wishoot, WichitaJLJ and swany66675 like this.
  17. 01bugtruck

01bugtruck Loaded Pockets

yeah, just a tee shirt wouldnt work for me either.
    I use a cover garment.
    A short sleeved button down shirt...when left un-tucked, they hang below my hips and hide everything very well.
    Plus I can squat down and reach up high and enjoy full mobility without my sidearm ever becoming visible.

Wishoot likes this.
  18. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Move to aiwb and a 19 disappears with just a tee

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Wishoot and ranastas like this.
  19. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

^^^
    Il Duce is correct. It may be the position you are carrying at. I couldn't carry a thick gun at ~ 4:00, but AIWB I can carry and conceal anything under a T.

marcclarke, Wishoot and ranastas like this.
  20. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

The shield recall isn't as big as it is made to be. You can test the part yourself to see if it needs to be replaced. If not, carry on.